Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@ OML 4 day limit
10-15-2012, 01:25 PM
@ OML 4 day limit
Currently I'm in a game with someone from the top 50, he only makes a move every four days and I find it so annoying, it has been three weeks now I think and we are still in turn 20. I can't find a reason other than stalling because if someone is too busy to play then they wouldn't have time to play games in the first place.
Did this happen to any of you?
OML please decrease the turn limit to something like 24 hours or 36.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 01:29 PM
RE: @ OML 4 day limit
I must disagree, partly because I personally take long turns in certain games, but more importantly - what about people who go on vacation, or are otherwise unable to take a turn for a couple of days? It would suck to have to forfeit due to amount of them elapsed.
10-15-2012, 02:14 PM
(10-15-2012 01:29 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  I must disagree, partly because I personally take long turns in certain games, but more importantly - what about people who go on vacation, or are otherwise unable to take a turn for a couple of days? It would suck to have to forfeit due to amount of them elapsed.

It might be a personal issue for me and not really a big deal
I've seen your games and even someone who takes long turns (you) gets their games done within a reasonable time frame, and I could just resign the game (no big deal) or go on to finish this in a few months at the current pace, but clearly it is something abusable and ruins the fun, if i resign i'm sure there are other stallers, one game is no big deal but leaving room for exploiting the game is
And who would wanna play outwitters on vacation? Tongue
10-15-2012, 02:29 PM
(10-15-2012 02:14 PM)blckace Wrote:  
(10-15-2012 01:29 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  I must disagree, partly because I personally take long turns in certain games, but more importantly - what about people who go on vacation, or are otherwise unable to take a turn for a couple of days? It would suck to have to forfeit due to amount of them elapsed.

It might be a personal issue for me and not really a big deal
I've seen your games and even someone who takes long turns (you) gets their games done within a reasonable time frame, and I could just resign the game (no big deal) or go on to finish this in a few months at the current pace, but clearly it is something abusable and ruins the fun, if i resign i'm sure there are other stallers, one game is no big deal but leaving room for exploiting the game is
And who would wanna play outwitters on vacation? Tongue

this is exactly why he doesnt want the time limit to be reduced.
but IMO, i think it should reduced. to something like 60-72 hours

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
10-15-2012, 02:35 PM
I think 4 days is quite fast. But I'm basing that on hero academy, which uses a 14 day limit.
10-15-2012, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2012 02:45 PM by TheQwertiest.)
i just think that the time limit is one of the reasons people new to outwitters dont see that its a great game cause some end up quitting before getting a chance to finish a game.
i know i almost did. i surrendered on my first 2 placement matches cause i only had 5 slots and those two didnt move.
luckily the next two were a bit more active and i experienced the fun of the game.

Anonymous Clan
10-15-2012, 03:17 PM
I mean, Outwitters is an asynchronous turn based strategy game, emphasis on asynchronous. OML can't make the time limit too short or they lose the virtue of the genre, which appeals to casual gamers, or those who are looking for a "pick up and play for a few minutes, set the game aside for a time" gaming experience, the kind that has become extremely popular with the rise of mobile phone gaming (ex. Words with friends). To set a rule that all games are automatically forfeited if no turn is taken by a player for a day may appeal to hardcore people, but I think it will also turn away more casual gamers. So OML has to do a balancing act between the two, and I think 4 days is a reasonable compromise.
10-15-2012, 03:22 PM
i think 60-72 hours is more than casual.

Anonymous Clan
10-15-2012, 05:28 PM
There should be fast and slow game slots.
For me slow (at least 2v2) would be 3 day turn limit (now 4).
Fast should be 36 hours, since game is global.

And then quick fix games, but ideas for those are discussed on monetizing thread. And don't know which model would work.

But 2v2 game taking over a month is slow, indeed.
10-16-2012, 02:52 AM
4 days is good. Your opponent is just being annoying. It's unfortunate, but I don't think we should punish normal players for the actions of a few.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]