Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML
10-15-2012, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2012 10:16 PM by Ravernoth.)
RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML
(10-15-2012 12:16 PM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  
(10-15-2012 12:10 PM)HollowKisame Wrote:  Just a suggestion for new icon. Make it a special unit or update icon with recent new special unit to represent most recent new class?
I think a soldier would be more appealing in my opinion. Not sure which soldier though.

I would go for the Feedback soldier - more widespread appeal to the strategy gamer audience.
(10-15-2012 07:25 PM)Zguignou Wrote:  
(10-15-2012 12:56 PM)Strategic thinker Wrote:  4)Probably can't change revenue model and attract new players without major new mainstream appeal functionality. Marketing has been done, blogs have spoken, word of mouth has buzzed

2) Adding AI will be an incremental coding job. (I know AI will never match more than a ?Gifted? human. But by ramping up the AI wits on a sliding difficulty scale, and a couple of predetermined styles - blitz, turtle, creeping, special - I think it can provide an OK single-player challenge, with badges etc. See Neutrajima Hex)
3) It will make the game much more attractive for the mass market. Sometimes, you just want a quickie. And going up the learning curve in multiplayer is intimidating!
4) It is a big enough change to relaunch and get buzz again

Totally agree,
Make a big change ( Solo campaign ) that justify a new launch, and change the business model into a paid app.

Agreed that a big change and relaunch is needed, though I don't think multiplayer is dead.

A Speed/Semi-realtime mode would be a major feature as well, and would appeal to many who passed on it due to the async nature.

Updated the OP. I think OML can turn this around - hope they read this thread and find it useful.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Ravernoth - 10-15-2012 09:56 PM