Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML
10-14-2012, 04:17 PM
RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML
(10-13-2012 11:54 PM)Joggies Wrote:  Who knows if I'm representative of others, but I LOVE the concept of Outwitters, I'm PREPARED to pay for it through buying add-ons and what not, but I HAVEN'T YET and will continue to hold off for the time being. Why?

Specifically:
- the queue stacking issue really breaks the game for me. This should be easily fixable and it's a huge issue. I'm in the top 100 list, but have essentially stopped playing until this gets fixed because it distresses me. I've posted to this effect previously.
- Also, first turn advantage saps away a lot of joy for me. I win easily as P1 every time. I win as P2 a majority of the time, but it's a painful grind (although sweet as treacle when you beat a queue-stacker in multiple games). But often enough you lose, sometimes to a slightly worse player who was just good enough to get across the line by leveraging the P1 advantage.

I'll be happy to splash $5-10 on Outwitters once the two issues are fixed. (And immediately if there was an underaking to resolve them soon.) I'd also continue paying more for extra add-ons if good content keeps coming, but that of course depends on the business model working.

Finally, there is one issue that doesn't worry me personally that much, but I have noticed from a lot of posts that it causes anxiousness for many players:
- the hidden ranking system. People seem to be getting put off by the opaqueness and they get frustrated by results they don't expect. They want to know roughly where they are placed, not just if they are in the top 100. If players' approximate percentile ranking was always available to them, I suspect more people would be willing to commit with their wallets and it would have a direct impact on the revenue situation.
So it's not perfect. It's still the best out there and they've clearly stated they are constantly working on the game. The so called "easy fixes" are obviously either not so easy, or have other repercussions. I have to say I have a problem with the fact that you played enough to reach the top hundred and yet you're holding out for these fixes. It boggles my mind how for years we've paid $60 for crap games and the $3 price tag sends people running for the hills. Can you really say you haven't received $10 (max Outwitters investment) in value so far? For those of you hung up on FTA, try some 2v2. It's nowhere near as prominent and 2v2 is like playing a completely different game. Your value immediately doubles.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - worldfamous - 10-14-2012 04:17 PM