Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML
10-13-2012, 09:05 AM
RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML
(10-13-2012 08:50 AM)Syvan Wrote:  Well, with no special you are entering pay to win territory. I think these are great ideas for fans of the game, but selling improved multiplayer gear is generally distasteful.

That's not really true for newbies of the game. I know when I first started, it took quite a while before I actually started tactically deploying specials. Back then, I generally won without the use of any specials, and if I deployed one it was just to play around with it after I already knew I had one the particular game.

I even purchased the uber pack before I even knew how to use the specials properly. I don't think a free generic team without a special would be too bad in this respect. Furthermore, it would force currently good players who have not yet purchased anything to do so when they lose their precious precious bombshell.

That said, I think the easiest and fairly effective one to implement in the short term would be paying for colors in 1v1 matches! Yellow and Green skins already exist for 2v2 even, and I don't think it would be too difficult to add a few extra colors. I'm sure many people would pay a dollar or two just to have that extra option.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - awpertunity - 10-13-2012 09:05 AM