Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML
02-14-2013, 12:16 PM
RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML
Hi, I have been playing and really enjoying this game, I think especially it's because I am playing with real people not computer so the reaction and responses is different with each game and each player; and I would really like to see OML do great and produce even more greater games.

Not sure if this was mentioned, but according to the math by Stewart, need 3 million players to breakeven. I suppose that's 6 times of current download, and for anything that's with low margin, it then comes to volume.

Here's my suggestions for increase both download and active players

- include an icon to "invite your friends to play" and click to send your GC friends or through email, social networking, etc.

- for every 3 or 5 (please pick the most ultimate number) friends you invited and that downloaded and played (optional, but recommended) the game, you get a mini lockable gift- something that's already developed and typically would need to be paid. for example, one base, or the add-on that was mentioned.

- have a pc version so people who don't have ipad can play. not sure if it's possible short term without too much tweak

Here's my thoughts on the priority from the list below that will be fairly low cost and quick turn around to implement and attract more players/download and purchases.

1. Tell readers that you are an Apple Editor's Choice for strategy games - easiest and fastest and probably will have most effects.

2. More add-ons (applicable to both models) for more purchase opportunity.
- Avatars for the game list (instead of the map image)
- Special team colours
- Skins - skin just the special units, and do overlays to make it easier to add. E.g. Hats that can go on a Mobi/Scrambler/Bombshell

3. Allow ads on free version, and upgrade to avoid the ad.

I hope this helps and can be considered so OML can turn profitable! Smile
Thanks again!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Norahsul - 02-14-2013 12:16 PM