Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML
01-03-2013, 05:20 AM
RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML
(01-02-2013 09:14 PM)SC2Chaos Wrote:  So if it's already been said, I sincerely apologize for restating whatever has been said, but I think that additional game types would definately be fun as well. Things like KoTH or CTF would be fairly easy to implement into the game, much more so then a full blown ai system. In this way it would be much easier to make outwitters a paid app, as having multiple game modes in your description would definately help sales. Even if outwitters remained to be a free app, you could charge what, $2.99 for the " game mode pack" which I think quite a few people would buy, especially those people who love outwitters but also want to try something a little different as well. In addition, there is yet one more thing I have to add to this. Achievements. This is one of those things that don't seem to be so big at first, and may not have a huge impact but it can't hurt, and it's more than half the time worth it. Cleverly named achievements always adds more appeal to games, and with outwitters it wouldn't be too hard to think of some.

The problem of having multiple game modes is the population of gamers. With more gamemodes it leads to a widely spread amount of gamers among those game modes, which could lead to less players in the game.

This problem is extremely dire, as this could lead to newbies being turned off due to having noone to play with.

Although your game-mode pack is a great idea, it has some flaws. However I do enjoy the idea of achievements, its a great idea.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - knighthalo123 - 01-03-2013 05:20 AM