Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML
12-31-2012, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2012 08:09 PM by spacechef.)
RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML
Yowza, just read through this entire thread! Some ideas that stick out to me are:

Puzzles - release a puzzle pack. You have one move to win, how do you do it? Releasing premade puzzles wouldn't require developing an AI, and would add some additional fun to us Outwitters addicts.

Merchandise - This can be tricky, as there's an upfront cost with no guarantee of return on investment. But perhaps preorders or a Kickstarter campaign would work.

Timers or live matches - the timer idea for quicker games would be great. I think the chess clock idea is best. One problem would be lag on older models or a bad Internet connection. Also, a game called Writer Rumble is somehow doing live matches. Not sure if this would be more difficult for Outwitters, but it'd be a great feature.

Continue giving us dedicated players ways to spend our money, while reaching out to new players also. I initially bought the über pack when the game was released, and now have purchased the new bases and game limit increase.
Also, as far as people not taking there turns, how about a nudge button, as many asynchronous games have implemented. I've got people to take there turns, miraculously, through the in game chat, but the ability to send a push notification, just might light a firecracker under their...

Live your life as more than plastic.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - spacechef - 12-31-2012 08:02 PM