Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML
11-25-2012, 05:41 PM
RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML
I'll admit I have no idea how hard any of these would be to integrate- but I'd gladly pay as additions to add any of the following features:

1) A Secondary fog of war in the final replay (so you can see why you made that leap into sniper range -oh I couldn't see the sniper until AFTER i landed there) This could just show what you couldn't see at the time a few shades darker and perhaps without color?

2) Color preferences per race. I'd suggest putting this on the profile page. This would let you set your color preferences in order. (e.g. Scallywags Green > Blue > Yellow > Red) This would let me respond to a game choosing the team I want, and automatically get the highest color in my list that's available. So if in a 1v1 I'm playing against someone who chose Green, I would get Blue as that's my second choice.

3) Facebook integration (the ability to connect to a facebook account like words with friends) which could potentially lead to outwitters being played ON Facebook, and using it- on other non ios devices. I have a friend considering getting an iphone at their next upgrade because he can't play it on his droid.

4) Costumes for the characters. Also something to be in the profile tab. Hats, Monocles, alternate pattern clothes... theres a lot of room for this, and sure you could start as suggested above with only the special unit. But I'd be happy to see the basic units get some flair too. This is mostly because the special units don't always see play- but the basic units ALWAYS do.

5) The option to force the end of a game that's been going on for 4+ days. I don't know if this automatically happens, I just had a league game sitting in there for a while and was getting annoyed by it.

6) A solo mode that might be fun- although I can't think of how to do it- would be puzzles. I recall Duelist magazine having puzzles that said "here is the final turn of a game of magic- you have this available and must win this turn or the other player will destroy you next turn, can you see how to do it?" Those were great puzzles.
•Perhaps if you could make puzzles that said- "your opponent will win next turn if you don't do something. Can you disrupt them so they will not be able to do so?" And show the way they'd win when you fail. Otherwise just show some splash screen with your special character wiping sweat from their forehead (or forebrain)

----bug fixes------
Brambles Vines are displaying the rules text for Scrambler when clicked on.
--------------------

I really want you guys to make your money on this game. It's the first game for ios I thoroughly enjoyed. It's got quick ~2 minute turns, asynchronous turns with alerts, great art, and a reward for strategy. The game I've been wanting to see on my phone for years. I want to see more games like it!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - diversionarchitect - 11-25-2012 05:41 PM