Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10-12-2012, 06:55 AM
RE: FFA?
I think it's a great idea. It worked in Command and Conquer, I think something similar would be good here too. Reckon you would get some pretty funny post match chat transcripts too! Angry
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 11:49 AM
This mode would be AMAZING. Imagine all the specials...
10-12-2012, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2012 10:33 PM by Ravernoth.)
Here's a suggestion for the inevitable FTA discussion if this comes to pass Smile

Player 1: 5 wits
Player 2: 7 wits
Player 3: 8 wits
Player 4: 9 wits
10-13-2012, 02:40 AM
If it was diplomacy based FTA wouldn't nearly matter as much as your negotiation skills and ability to position Tongue in fact some players might 'pity' the player going last and attack the first player out of 'fear'

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
10-15-2012, 04:31 AM
Well, it sounds like a fun casual mode, but for some reason it doesn't seem very popular in SC2 so I question how successful it would be in Outwitters after the initial novelty wore off. It's possible though that in SC2 there are so many custom maps/gametypes made with the map-editor that people would just rather play those than vanilla ffa/diplomacy. So, I guess it could do well in Outwitters. Perhaps this should be a $1 game-mode add-on like they did with turret mode in Tilt-to-live (or however much that cost, I don't remember since I bought it such a long time ago).

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
10-15-2012, 07:41 AM
(10-15-2012 04:31 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  Well, it sounds like a fun casual mode, but for some reason it doesn't seem very popular in SC2 so I question how successful it would be in Outwitters after the initial novelty wore off. It's possible though that in SC2 there are so many custom maps/gametypes made with the map-editor that people would just rather play those than vanilla ffa/diplomacy. So, I guess it could do well in Outwitters. Perhaps this should be a $1 game-mode add-on like they did with turret mode in Tilt-to-live (or however much that cost, I don't remember since I bought it such a long time ago).

SC2?
10-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Starcraft 2
10-16-2012, 03:02 AM
Sorry I probably should just spell it out, but if you type SC2 in google the whole first page (and probably a lot further) is about Starcraft 2 so it's not that hard to look up. Anyway, the important thing is this could be another source of revenue for OML if they monetize this. I'm not sure how many people would buy it but they could always add some little features that cater to FFA to make it more interesting and worth the purchase.

If they add avatars to the game (which they probably should since it seems like that would be one of the simpler things to do and would get them some much needed money for their efforts), then some avatars could be bundled with this game-mode to help incentivize a purchase.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]