Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I suggest foundry placement change
10-11-2012, 12:11 AM
I suggest foundry placement change
HEY GUYS,

Good players recognize that a major advantage of going first on foundry is that you can move your sniper one hex towards your medic. Then, P2 can't threaten to kill your sniper with a runner, because on turn 3 you can just move it one more hex and boost it. However, P2's sniper will die, because he can't do this.

How about moving the medic one hex towards the sniper? (i.e. for the lower one it would move NW one hex). I think this is a great solution for this problem and that many strong players will agree. What do you guys think of this good idea?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2012, 12:20 AM
RE: I suggest foundry placement change
I ignore both snipers and rush the back door as P1 on foundry, seems to work pretty good. The map is all kinds of imbalanced in favor of P1.
10-12-2012, 07:08 AM
More often than not on Foundry I find the sniper to be irrelevant to the match. IMO it's too far away to be effective and the wit used every turn to move it towards the battle can be better spent elsewhere.
10-12-2012, 07:12 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2012 07:25 AM by Da Wizerd.)
(10-12-2012 07:08 AM)anthoninja Wrote:  More often than not on Foundry I find the sniper to be irrelevant to the match. IMO it's too far away to be effective and the wit used every turn to move it towards the battle can be better spent elsewhere.

I used to think the same thing, but now, I couldn't disagree more, it can be very powerful in attacking the opponents wit space as well as defending your base.

(10-11-2012 12:11 AM)garcia1000 Wrote:  However, P2's sniper will die, because he can't do this.

P2 can simply move the medic to the sniper and boost it.

Da Wizerd - Super-Titan
10-12-2012, 07:26 AM
(10-12-2012 07:12 AM)Da Wizerd Wrote:  I used to think the same thing, but now, I couldn't disagree more, it can be very powerful in attacking the opponents wit space as well as defending your base.

Not disagreeing that it can be useful, but I think that either as P1 you're too busy making full use of your advantage or as P2 you're too busy defending. I find that it does sometimes come into play, but it's usually after if P2 has defended FTA successfully which usually doesn't happen. Also, more often than not by then it's been killed in that scrap by a stray runner anyway...

Won't deny though, it does take skill to bring it into the fight
10-12-2012, 10:00 AM
(10-12-2012 07:12 AM)Da Wizerd Wrote:  P2 can simply move the medic to the sniper and boost it.

he can do that if he wants to lose though, lol. P2 cant spare the wits for that.
10-13-2012, 01:48 AM
Yeah, moving your medic to heal your sniper pretty much always leads to getting your face kicked in.
10-13-2012, 01:57 AM
I've already suggested removing the medic on foundry, in fact all 2 spawn maps. You can actually afford to lose the sniper, if you kill the runner that kills it you break even and then if you move the sniper forwards 1 like you might have done anyway no loss. Or you could choose a different unit. So killing the sniper early on actually puts you at a disadvantage.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?