Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Fluffy to Gifted Tournament - FINISHED
02-09-2013, 08:44 PM
RE: Fluffy to Gifted Tournament - FINAL ROUND
Hey! Any news on our last missing game? I'd really like to wrap this tourney up some time soon.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2013, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2013 09:34 PM by Eijolend.)
Update: With Gfich apparently being mostly inactive and hearing nothing from bmike either, I sent both of them a PM asking for our last missing game. If I hear nothing withing 48 hours that game will be canceled and not counted.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
02-15-2013, 04:52 AM
I really don't think we're gonna play. Just call it a tie PLEASE!

02-15-2013, 07:30 AM
RE: Fluffy to Gifted Tournament - FINISHED
Ok, then let's conclude this tournament.
Final Standings
Congratulations to SarenneraS for taking the First Place!

Thank you all for playing - I hope you enjoyed my first try at managing a tournament!

------------------------------------------

Things I learned from this tournament: Outwitters Tournaments over many rounds are a bad idea in general, since it is to be expected that some players will drop out. The Swiss format especially has the problem, that players dropping out still influence the tiebreakers and there's no good way of handling odd player numbers.

For the follow-up Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy to Gifted Players, that will launch soon, I'll try a different format that can accomodate more players and deal with these issues better.

And again: thanks for playing!

02-15-2013, 07:38 AM
Thanks again! 3rd place not bad!Smile

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
02-15-2013, 07:59 AM
Thank you for hosting! Smile

GC: Great Wolf Sif
02-16-2013, 01:28 AM
Big thanks to all - especially Eijolend - this was probably the most fun tourney I've done so far.

Apologies for the delays at the end - we had games time out and figured we could get rematches done in time, but that was not possible. By the time I realized it, I had lost the original replays - so calling that a draw seems fair (or we could both get losses - whatever people think is best).
02-17-2013, 07:02 PM
Thanks for hosting Eijolend. This tournament was really fun, and I'm glad you will continue with a new one so more fluffy-gifteds get the chance to enjoy a tournament.

Game Center ID: SarenneraS