Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We don't like Machination field! (2v2)
10-02-2012, 06:42 AM
We don't like Machination field! (2v2)
Yeah! Each time we had a game on that field my partner would write to me: "oh, Machination again! I hate it!". And suddenly I realized that I don't like that field too. The reason is not in our losses, I guess we know how to play on that field. But it's in the mood of the field.
Once Trahogektor (my partner) pressed "decline" button, maybe accidentally, but we understood that this is the way of dealing with this situation Smile We did it a few times. Usually I start a game and if we get machination field - I don't do any moves, pressing immediately "done" button. And then my partner cancels the game. We believe that this is a legal action as soon as it is implemented in the game. What do you think of it, guys? True, it is fair that we can't choose the opponents when we play for a rank, but it's not fair that we can't choose a field. We can have our own preferences and i think it's a good idea to give to all people the right to play only on the field they like!

P.S. sorry for my bad English, I live in Russia And I speak English as Russians do Smile
I hope you understood what I meant despite of my mistakes. It would be nice if I find here someone to speak English to a little bit, I really want to improve my skills!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2012, 07:04 AM
RE: We don't like Machination field! (2v2)
While I don't know that I agree with your decision to skip Machination every time it comes up, I do understand the frustration of playing on a map that you don't like.

Perhaps in the future we will be able to select maps we would prefer not to play on, and the matchmaking system would then be less likely to pick those maps. I know Starcraft II has a way of doing that. You will still sometimes play on maps you don't like, but it will be less common.

As for how to play on Machination better, I feel that defending and pushing middle is how most of the games are won. However, it is still important to have adequate defenses to defend either the top left or bottom right base. If you can get vision near the beginning of the game, and begin to reinforce that path when (or if) your opponent begins to threaten that path, you will be prepared to defend, but will not overcommit.

I AM THE 99.9997%!

[Image: sig.png]
10-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Not cool. Deal with what you are given. We like ccm but we don't decline just because we don't get there.
10-02-2012, 08:27 AM
Machination is probably our least favorite map, but it's still a great map. I like the fact that so many different strategies work on it. Recently, we've found most success by rushing the top (or bottom) base, thus pulling defenses, and then attacking the middle. You can pose a great threat up top with just the soldier and sniper you start with. Throw in a runner or another soldier, and you can really wreak havoc. Just having the sniper camped across from their wit can drive your opponent crazy.
10-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Yeah I understand you, I also hate machination. We need some new maps for 2v2. Smile
10-02-2012, 05:59 PM
(10-02-2012 12:42 PM)kz0511 Wrote:  Yeah I understand you, I also hate machination. We need some new maps for 2v2. Smile

Agree! We need them badly! Probably, developers don't give a big priority to this issue - making and testing a good map takes much time. But we can assist in this task and invent and test the new maps if we are given proper tools! I have a few ideas!!!
10-02-2012, 06:11 PM
(10-02-2012 05:59 PM)Gektotraher Wrote:  
(10-02-2012 12:42 PM)kz0511 Wrote:  Yeah I understand you, I also hate machination. We need some new maps for 2v2. Smile

Agree! We need them badly! Probably, developers don't give a big priority to this issue - making and testing a good map takes much time. But we can assist in this task and invent and test the new maps if we are given proper tools! I have a few ideas!!!

Yes, hopefully future updates which includes the new race, also will include some new maps for us, especially 2v2, thus making us not bored by only playing the same 3 maps over and over again.
10-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Ooooo decline abuse, that's interesting. You can also decline any games you don't get to play first in, perpetual FTA! Or second, if playing second is more your thing. You can also guarantee one specific map and choose your teams for it! You could always play as scallywags/scallywags on blitz beach, perfect a FTA turtle into bombshell base sniping strategy and potentially never lose a game.