Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Paths of Attack - an intro to Outwitters math
10-03-2012, 02:39 AM
RE: Paths of Attack - an intro to Outwitters math
"yellow zone is a ZONE OF DEATH. In that area, your opponent can spawn a sniper and immediately zap a unit... without even moving it"

Two of the patches in the picture are still wrong (the ones that are blocked by terrain so a sniper couldn't hit them without moving).

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2012, 03:41 AM
Oh yeah. Fixed, thanks.
12-05-2012, 02:25 AM
We should update this thread with the new maps. What do people think about them?

Soldier spam FTW
12-05-2012, 02:36 AM
(12-05-2012 02:25 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  We should update this thread with the new maps. What do people think about them?

I think reaper is the most complicated map out there!
12-05-2012, 02:39 AM
I generally attack in a clockwise fasion on Reaper and just go through the center on TG.

12-05-2012, 02:44 AM
(12-05-2012 02:36 AM)blckace Wrote:  
(12-05-2012 02:25 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  We should update this thread with the new maps. What do people think about them?

I agree! I'm really struggling on that map. With three WIDE avenues of attack and just a single spawn point, you really have to plan ahead.
12-05-2012, 03:04 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2012 03:06 AM by blckace.)
(12-05-2012 02:44 AM)wonderpug Wrote:  
(12-05-2012 02:36 AM)blckace Wrote:  

I agree! I'm really struggling on that map. With three WIDE avenues of attack and just a single spawn point, you really have to plan ahead.

Exactly, it's specially difficult for p2
Let's imagine three scenarios
1) going for there heavy as p2 without scouting, leaves you exposed on two sides
2) going through the middle if you are facing a bombshell you won't be able to hold off for long because he will probably come at you through either the left or right side as well
3) defending from the heavy side leaves, your wit side completly exposed and after you successfully defend that side it will be very difficult to utilize all those units in an attack transition

Needless to say I ended up playing many pass'n'play against scallywags to practice the map, and i don't think i have it mastered yet because playing against someone else should be more difficult

Here's a very good replay
Replay

This game was a while back and I haven't analyzed it yet, would appreciate your input guys
And yes I remember i made some major mistakes after my initial push was stopped because i was playing in the car, for example losing that sniper, i remember i should have used the soldier as a blockade instead i positioned it so wrong, and i cant remember the other mistakes i made after that
12-05-2012, 03:20 AM
(12-05-2012 02:39 AM)Gfich Wrote:  I generally attack in a clockwise fasion on Reaper and just go through the center on TG.

So far my games seems also to go clockwise on Reaper and counterclockwise on Thorn Gulley (to pressure the wit tile).

Also possible to pressure middle as well to gain an advantage, or even a full attack on Thorn Gulley. Overall the attack paths allow more choice than for example Sweetie Plains.

Soldier spam FTW
12-28-2012, 03:02 AM
Reaper - Attack the side of the predeployed heavy (opposite from the spawn point) and as P2 always try to get ready for the attack from that side. (and always assume mobi rush if Adorable opponent)
Thorn Gulley - Attack and defense through the middle lane.
12-28-2012, 07:36 AM
(12-28-2012 03:02 AM)vegaprom Wrote:  Thorn Gulley - Attack and defense through the middle lane.

This goes for long nine, sweetie plains, and thorn gulley. DO NOT under estimate the deployed sniper.