Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
2v2 Super Titan league
09-30-2012, 03:51 AM
RE: 2v2 Super Titan league
(09-30-2012 12:23 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(09-30-2012 12:21 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  Just against masters
congrats on being the first ST's in 2v2 Big Grin

Tyvm and good luck to you and your partner.

iPro Clan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2012, 12:42 PM
That's a pretty amazing ratio. Our ratio, recently, is probably somewhere around 3/1 or maybe a touch worse, as we have had a couple bad runs. The thing is, I know we are playing the best out there, so why don't we all just get bumped up? What, do we have to win 20 in a row to move up? It would be like adding a league higher than super Titan and telling the top 10 guys that they can only play each other and they have to win 10 or 20 in a row to move into this new league. I don't know, maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way. Anyone help me on this?
09-30-2012, 07:11 PM
(09-30-2012 12:42 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  That's a pretty amazing ratio. Our ratio, recently, is probably somewhere around 3/1 or maybe a touch worse, as we have had a couple bad runs. The thing is, I know we are playing the best out there, so why don't we all just get bumped up? What, do we have to win 20 in a row to move up? It would be like adding a league higher than super Titan and telling the top 10 guys that they can only play each other and they have to win 10 or 20 in a row to move into this new league. I don't know, maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way. Anyone help me on this?

Yeah I think this is quite weird as well, it feels like the top masters should be listed as super-titans (since they obviously are the best). But I guess that the problem is that all of us have such a low hidden ranking (except for that one super titan pair) that beating each other isn't boosting us that much since we're only beating others with low hidden ranking as well. The situation should improve over time when there actually are a few super titans that we can prove our value against.

Me and my partner are still undefeated, but I haven't been keeping track of how many wins we've won. Guessing we are about 15-0 or something (we don't play that much).
09-30-2012, 09:40 PM
I think STs are supposed to be significantly higher in skill than others. If there were only 10 equal players, it wouldn't make sense to have 10 STs. A team should stand out enough from the others to be placed a league higher, and so far only 1 team has done it.
10-01-2012, 02:01 AM
What got us our promotion was after every win for like the past 15+ or so games against masters, we were only gaining like 6 points.
10-01-2012, 02:28 AM
(10-01-2012 02:01 AM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  What got us our promotion was after every win for like the past 15+ or so games against masters, we were only gaining like 6 points.

and i thought my 12 points per game was low.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
10-01-2012, 05:16 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 05:21 AM by worldfamous.)
(10-01-2012 02:01 AM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  What got us our promotion was after every win for like the past 15+ or so games against masters, we were only gaining like 6 points.

I wonder if the glitch that gave you guys 100 wins, or whatever it was, has anything to do with your super Titan rank? Obviously going 23-1 is a big factor and I'm not questioning your rank. Just wondering. My partner and I have probably played between 50-100 games against masters. We've beaten number one in every division and win about 75% of the time. If I can just see the top 100 hidden rankings, ill shut up. Also I'm curious, since you guys are in a league of your own, do you get FTA every game? The way I understand the system, the only time you start second is when someone at your level has already started a game. I also noticed that all of your recent replays have you as P1.
10-01-2012, 06:41 AM
(10-01-2012 05:16 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  

I wonder if the glitch that gave you guys 100 wins, or whatever it was, has anything to do with your super Titan rank? Obviously going 23-1 is a big factor and I'm not questioning your rank. Just wondering. My partner and I have probably played between 50-100 games against masters. We've beaten number one in every division and win about 75% of the time. If I can just see the top 100 hidden rankings, ill shut up. Also I'm curious, since you guys are in a league of your own, do you get FTA every game? The way I understand the system, the only time you start second is when someone at your level has already started a game. I also noticed that all of your recent replays have you as P1.
Ya we've been getting lots of P1, interesting point.

iPro Clan
10-01-2012, 07:14 AM
(10-01-2012 05:16 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  

I'm sure it probably has something todo with it, but I wonder why it was only us.
10-05-2012, 05:46 PM
All I can say is that I'm currently 0-2 againt Mr.Banger and alexjiang1 and that they deserve to be the one and only super titan Wink

We're gonna win the 3rd match though!

Outwitters Allround Top 100 - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...6aFE#gid=2