Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Meet the Veggienauts!
09-28-2012, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2012 07:03 PM by Kamikaze28.)
Meet the Veggienauts!
Quote from OneManLeft.com:

[Image: veggienaut-promo.jpg]

In our original Outwitters announcement, we showed off some concept art featuring a weird little plant soldier. He was from a team called the Naturals, which was only ever playable in our paper prototype and never actually made it into the game. For our first big team pack addition, we’ve resurrected these characters as the Veggienauts.

We call their special unit Bramble, and he has the gift of the green thumb. When rooted down, he grows his own destructible thorn barriers (no spawn tile required). In our first beta build, each barrier he plants will extend his reach. This will allow him to slowly spread his way across the map like a weed, blocking weak spots, capping Bonus Spaces, or providing cover for allies moving up the field. His exact balance and mechanics will be tweaked as we test over the coming weeks, but we aim to put the new team (and its new maps) in your hands sometime late in October. It’ll be a freebie for any über pack owners out there.

Stay tuned for more updates, artwork, and hilarious delay announcements.

Feel free to use this thread for discussion, comments, reactions and miscellaneous.
Personally, I really love the look on that Sniper.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2012, 07:24 PM
RE: Meet the Veggienauts!
Adam is so very creative. I absolutely love the unit design. When the Bramble makes up for useful scenarios, this will probably be my all-time favorite team.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
09-28-2012, 07:49 PM
That looks and sounds amazing.. I definitely did not expect something that radical.

That beta sounds really appealing. Lettuce in!
09-28-2012, 08:06 PM
I'm liking the mental logistics that are playing out in my head. Every thorn I decide to grow could potentially cost my opponent 2 ?+ to respond to-- I just wonder what'll happen when Bramble un-roots.

Playing Mobi has been a hard life, so I've been looking for something new to try, and the Veggienauts may be it.
09-28-2012, 10:06 PM
That's a cool mechanic. Does anyone know how much HP the walls will have in the first build? There's a fair chance it will change of course, but I'm curious what they have in mind. Also I love the art design!

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
09-28-2012, 10:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2012 10:51 PM by Harti.)
(09-28-2012 10:06 PM)CombatEX Wrote:  That's a cool mechanic. Does anyone know how much HP the walls will have in the first build? There's a fair chance it will change of course, but I'm curious what they have in mind. Also I love the art design!

I don't think it'll be more than 1 because everything else would be pretty bonkers (but as you said, I could be mistaken and this is actually very weak). Wonder if you can heal them though.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

09-28-2012, 10:58 PM
I love their design! And I'm so curious about how the special will work.

[Image: morphingsqualo.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-28-2012, 11:38 PM
(09-28-2012 10:50 PM)Harti Wrote:  I don't think it'll be more than 1 because everything else would be pretty bonkers (but as you said, I could be mistaken and this is actually very weak). Wonder if you can heal them though.

Yea, my intuition tells me that anything more than 1 hp would be too good, but you did have to make a 7 wit investment and you're quite limited in where you can put these tiles. At least my understanding is that you have to 'grow' the wall from the special's rooted position so it could take a few turns to get the wall where you want it. Also can you grow a tile after you root the special or do you have to wait a turn like a Bombshell? That makes a huge difference. We'll see.

If you can heal the tiles that would be interesting. I guess only play testing will tell =)

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
09-28-2012, 11:44 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2012 11:45 PM by GreatGonzales.)
Harti called it didn't he!

And what did I say...I wouldn't want a special with that ability. Well, time (and lots of betatesting) will tell if it's overpowered!
09-29-2012, 12:01 AM
(09-28-2012 11:44 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Harti called it didn't he!

And what did I say...I wouldn't want a special with that ability. Well, time (and lots of betatesting) will tell if it's overpowered!

Hah, I was really staggered when I noticed that blog post today! O_O
I didn't know nor even think they'd pull a Special with that ability out of the hat.

Can't wait to get my hands on the team! Shy

@CombatEX:
Thinking about it over again, I think you're right about 1 HP being too weak. 2 or even 3 would be fairly adequate given the price.