Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Meet the Veggienauts!
10-16-2012, 01:48 PM
RE: Meet the Veggienauts!
Maybe the closer bramble grows its thorns, the more life the thorns get (1 space away, 3 health; 2 spaces away, 2 health; 3 spaces away, 1 health), which may allow it to take several hits from splash damage from bombshells.

League: Master League
Member of the Mobi Style Clan
[Image: avatar_785.png?dateline=1354940810]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2012, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2012 03:27 PM by Admiral 77.)
RE: wit/kill trade off
Wow. Definitely do NOT like the idea of kill/wit trade off. I hope that devs listen to this feedback because it makes no sense to allienate the existing LOYAL fan base in the hopes of attracting casual players looking for a faster game experience who probably aren't going to play everyday anyways.

I foreone love the current mechanics of the game. An additional wit or two to aide P2 and FTA is one thing, but to introduce a drastically new component to the game does not seem smart.

As mentioned by other members, the 2% conversion rate is right in there with all games devs, so that isn't the issue. The key to making more money under this assumption is increasing overall downloads. Now consider the new game mechanic. This exists within the game and will not be discovered by prospective downloaders until said downloader has made the decision of installing the game. Individuals browsing the App Store have no idea how fast the game play is upon browsing the app and this issue is thus a non factor in their decision of downloading Outwitters... If they chose not to download it was for a completely different reason; bad app description, uninformatvie pictures, etc. If an individual does download and decide that the game is too slow and hence not purchase any IAPs, that number is already representative of the 2% ratio and is immaterial. Game devs try all sorts of things to increase that number and if they are lucky they will achieve a marginal increase at best.

You have to ask yourself, 1. Will this new game mechanic actually increase conversion? And 2. Is that marginal increase worth disrupting your current gamer community?

Wow. Definitely do NOT like the idea of kill/wit trade off. I hope that devs listen to this feedback because it makes no sense to allienate the existing LOYAL fan base in the hopes of attracting casual players looking for a faster game experience who probably aren't going to play everyday anyways.

I foreone love the current mechanics of the game. An additional wit or two to aide P2 and FTA is one thing, but to introduce a drastically new component to the game does not seem smart.

As mentioned by other members, the 2% conversion rate is right in there with all games devs, so that isn't the issue. The key to making more money under this assumption is increasing overall downloads. Now consider the new game mechanic. This exists within the game and will not be discovered by prospective downloaders until said downloader has made the decision of installing the game. Individuals browsing the App Store have no idea how fast the game play is upon browsing the app and this issue is thus a non factor in their decision of downloading Outwitters... If they chose not to download it was for a completely different reason; bad app description, uninformatvie pictures, etc. If an individual does download and decide that the game is too slow and hence not purchase any IAPs, that number is already representative of the 2% ratio and is immaterial. Game devs try all sorts of things to increase that number and if they are lucky they will achieve a marginal increase at best.

You have to ask yourself, 1. Will this new game mechanic actually increase conversion? And 2. Is that marginal increase worth disrupting your current gamer community?

[Admiral 77] Super-Titan
#35 in Top 100
10-17-2012, 01:56 AM
(10-16-2012 12:06 PM)KMan 29 Wrote:  Just seems crazy to rewrite the way wits work. Alternate game modes or adjustable rules for non-league games sounds fun and could definitely attract/retain more players.

I think having a wit for kill situation would also increase the FTA problem if the second player uses runners for recon.

i dont think its an FTA problem if you wrongly positioned your units.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
10-17-2012, 10:16 PM
Hum, can the medic heal the thorns, so these get 2 HP ? Too easy to destruct the thorns with a bombshell... One hit would suffise to kill two thorns or more.

Game Center ID : 27 Pastore.
1v1 : Gifted
I'm up for friendly games to get better Tongue
10-17-2012, 10:21 PM
(10-17-2012 10:16 PM)Magnum Wrote:  Hum, can the medic heal the thorns, so these get 2 HP ? Too easy to destruct the thorns with a bombshell... One hit would suffise to kill two thorns or more.

Yup, Thorns can currently be boosted to 2 HP. But since you can create Thorns way faster than your Medics can boost them and your Medic has to go wherever the Thorn is to do it, this is most likely an exceptional scenario.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-17-2012, 11:04 PM
Okay ! Even if you have to move the Medic to heal the Thorns, that can be a good option...

Game Center ID : 27 Pastore.
1v1 : Gifted
I'm up for friendly games to get better Tongue
10-18-2012, 01:43 AM
RE: wit/kill trade off
(10-16-2012 02:41 PM)Admiral 77 Wrote:  Wow. Definitely do NOT like the idea of kill/wit trade off. I hope that devs listen to this feedback because it makes no sense to allienate the existing LOYAL fan base in the hopes of attracting casual players looking for a faster game experience who probably aren't going to play everyday anyways.

Amen, brotha! Well said.
10-19-2012, 05:33 AM
Just a heads up:
The change is 99% likely to happen the way it is now in beta.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
10-19-2012, 06:12 AM
How has the kill/wit system affected runner use in beta? Seems like it would heartily discourage sacrificial scouting runs.
10-19-2012, 06:34 AM
Goodbye 1hp scouts, 3 hp soldiers, snipers, scrambler
This is what this change reads to me