Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Meet the Veggienauts!
10-14-2012, 03:28 AM
RE: Meet the Veggienauts!
If a Bombshell destroys 3 units, you will gain 3 wits. (i.e. you GAIN 2 wits for attacking)

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2012 03:38 AM by Ravernoth.)
(10-14-2012 03:02 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(10-13-2012 07:23 PM)Harti Wrote:  Applies for both players, multiple times per turn. Allows for devastating attacks and devastating retaliations. I have the feeling that the turtler will always prevail.

OML feels that the added speed of games attracts casual players.
They are aware that... ~80-90% of the betas who commented on the change are against it. But yet it seems they're very serious about implementing it.

It's a completely different game now, though. You need not stockpile wits anymore to perform devastating attack waves.
That's a really lousy reason to change a nearly perfect game. Casual players avoid multiplayer strategy games altogether. They just don't like playing against others, unless its a words with friends type game, and that's only because of their familiarity with the game. A better draw would be a single player mode, but I still don't think that's enough. Start with a better icon and mess with the gameplay later. Just my opinion.

You don't get 1 wit for each kill, do you? I understood that your wit for the kill was refunded. That would be pretty bad if you received multiple wits from a bombshell attack. You could theoretically get 6 wits from one shot.

Sadly yes you do. It's a change that's all manner of broken, but I don't think OML sees it because they're trying to figure out a way to widen the game's appeal.

As you say, this won't do it - after your quick attack - then what? You still have to wait for the opponent to take their turn. That's not going to win over non-async fans. It may only alienate their loyal fan base.

A speed or realtime mode is a much better option to explore to try to win over those looking for predictable instant play.
10-14-2012, 03:34 AM
(10-14-2012 03:28 AM)Harti Wrote:  If a Bombshell destroys 3 units, you will gain 3 wits. (i.e. you GAIN 2 wits for attacking)
I don't like that at all!

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

10-14-2012, 06:59 AM
Thank you for the vines clarification, but now I am concerned with Feedback. If a unit has its brain wiped, will the Feedback player gain a wit as technically the unit is not destroyed? If not the Feedback suffer from the new rules.
10-14-2012, 01:24 PM
New mechanics suck. I hate the regaining wits from kills rule. It just means that if you made runners you ar pretty much giving free wits, putting you behind. In a turtle situation, if the attack initiated the turtle will ATLEAST gain the same amount of wits as you did, probably more. IMO this sort of encourages turtling and less runners, more heavies. Good or bad?
10-14-2012, 04:46 PM
(10-14-2012 01:24 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  New mechanics suck. I hate the regaining wits from kills rule. It just means that if you made runners you ar pretty much giving free wits, putting you behind. In a turtle situation, if the attack initiated the turtle will ATLEAST gain the same amount of wits as you did, probably more. IMO this sort of encourages turtling and less runners, more heavies. Good or bad?

I don't really like the idea either but I do kind of like that spawning a runner, moving, then killing, only costing 2 wits. That 3 wit cost for runner from the spawn kill is a major wit drain and often necessary.
10-14-2012, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2012 09:00 PM by Ravernoth.)
(10-14-2012 04:46 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(10-14-2012 01:24 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  New mechanics suck. I hate the regaining wits from kills rule. It just means that if you made runners you ar pretty much giving free wits, putting you behind. In a turtle situation, if the attack initiated the turtle will ATLEAST gain the same amount of wits as you did, probably more. IMO this sort of encourages turtling and less runners, more heavies. Good or bad?

I don't really like the idea either but I do kind of like that spawning a runner, moving, then killing, only costing 2 wits. That 3 wit cost for runner from the spawn kill is a major wit drain and often necessary.

Not to be a downer, but I feel that's like saying sure, I don't like this garbage truck sticking through my living room wall, but at least now I can get to the lawn without going down the hallway!

Sorry, I know you're just looking for the positives Smile But this is a poor change for the game.
10-14-2012, 11:51 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2012 11:53 PM by Harti.)
To be fair, one can get used to it if he/she wants to. But that's probably merely a feeling you get from beating up a couple of beta testers because you happened to have your units positioned better. xD

I'm struggling with the change when facing the best players, though. It's very difficult to take everything that could happen into account. I'm not really trying hard but I think that, even if I was, I would not be able to fully anticipate the outcome. I'll just perform the move for the good move's sake and see what happens.

However, I suggested a new idea to OML yesterday which could turn the +1 rule in a more interesting and tactical concept (even a game mode). The beta testers who read the post seemed to like the idea, let's just hope for OML to like it also. Do not worry, we're trying hard to avert this change to go live the way it is now. Smile

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

10-15-2012, 04:44 AM
(10-14-2012 11:51 PM)Harti Wrote:  To be fair, one can get used to it if he/she wants to. But that's probably merely a feeling you get from beating up a couple of beta testers because you happened to have your units positioned better. xD

I'm struggling with the change when facing the best players, though. It's very difficult to take everything that could happen into account. I'm not really trying hard but I think that, even if I was, I would not be able to fully anticipate the outcome. I'll just perform the move for the good move's sake and see what happens.

However, I suggested a new idea to OML yesterday which could turn the +1 rule in a more interesting and tactical concept (even a game mode). The beta testers who read the post seemed to like the idea, let's just hope for OML to like it also. Do not worry, we're trying hard to avert this change to go live the way it is now. Smile

Sounds cool, thanks for the words of comfort Big Grin Look forward to hearing how it goes.
10-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Just seems crazy to rewrite the way wits work. Alternate game modes or adjustable rules for non-league games sounds fun and could definitely attract/retain more players.

I think having a wit for kill situation would also increase the FTA problem if the second player uses runners for recon.