Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2v2 Strategy: The Bombshell Bounce
09-27-2012, 01:04 AM
2v2 Strategy: The Bombshell Bounce
The Bombshell unit is powerful, and capable of both defending against an attack, and supporting your own advance. The main downfall (besides cost) is positioning it! Since you can't shell and fire on the same turn, you normally can only fire every other turn if the combat is moving.

In 2v2, it is possible for a Bombshell to fire on two successive turns against enemies in two different parts of the map thanks to a little move I like to call the 'Bombshell Bounce'!

When playing as the Adorables, with a partner who is playing Scallywags, it is possible to use a Mobi to suck up a SHELLED Bombshell and deposit it next to the Mobi, STILL SHELLED and ready to fire! This can allow one Bombshell to cover a wide range!

See this replay for an example of this in action!

Current Ranked League Info:
1v1 Master (Promoted 7-24-12)
Total League Wins: 210
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2012, 01:23 AM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2012 01:37 AM by TheQwertiest.)
RE: 2v2 Strategy: The Bombshell Bounce
(09-27-2012 01:04 AM)xSkeletalx Wrote:  The Bombshell unit is powerful, and capable of both defending against an attack, and supporting your own advance. The main downfall (besides cost) is positioning it! Since you can't shell and fire on the same turn, you normally can only fire every other turn if the combat is moving.

In 2v2, it is possible for a Bombshell to fire on two successive turns against enemies in two different parts of the map thanks to a little move I like to call the 'Bombshell Bounce'!

When playing as the Adorables, with a partner who is playing Scallywags, it is possible to use a Mobi to suck up a SHELLED Bombshell and deposit it next to the Mobi, STILL SHELLED and ready to fire! This can allow one Bombshell to cover a wide range!

that is actually a very good way to use the specials of scallywags and adorables.
cant help but notice in your replay that you wasted quite a few wits.
one from the top of my head would be you attacking a 3hp soldier with a runner before letting your heavy jump bside it to attack. you could have just attacked the soldier directly with the bear. dont get me wrong. i think you guys are good. i find 2 vs 2 very difficult. just sharing some insights

Edit: sorry most of the mistakes i saw was actually from the other team

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
09-27-2012, 01:33 AM
Yeah, my partner RawkHawk and I are doing this a lot lately. Particularly useful in build up games.
09-27-2012, 01:44 AM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2012 01:45 AM by xSkeletalx.)
(09-27-2012 01:23 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  that is actually a very good way to use the specials of scallywags and adorables.
cant help but notice in your replay that you wasted quite a few wits.
one from the top of my head would be you attacking a 3hp soldier with a runner before letting your heavy jump bside it to attack. you could have just attacked the soldier directly with the bear. dont get me wrong. i think you guys are good. i find 2 vs 2 very difficult. just sharing some insights

Recently I've had a lot of trouble with crashes and freezing in Outwitters (fixed by reinstalling), so I sometimes can't open a game for a few days at a time, and forget what I had already done in my partial turn, leading to errors like this. In this particular instance I was trying to keep my Mobi hidden as I hadn't exposed it yet - my plan was originally to move a soldier for the killing blow, but I wanted to keep my units where they were already. Obviously I had to show my Mobi to do so : /

Current Ranked League Info:
1v1 Master (Promoted 7-24-12)
Total League Wins: 210
09-27-2012, 03:30 AM
(09-27-2012 01:04 AM)xSkeletalx Wrote:  The Bombshell unit is powerful, and capable of both defending against an attack, and supporting your own advance. The main downfall (besides cost) is positioning it! Since you can't shell and fire on the same turn, you normally can only fire every other turn if the combat is moving.

Pretty tough to survive both bases at one like that. Luckily at least one of your opponents thought he could win it with a runner spam. I love when they do that. If orange would've just skipped a turn and saved the wits, I think he could've popped a Shell in the indefensible spot (where you had yours at the end) and finished you off. Nicely done in the end.