Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2v2 FTA Discussion
12-21-2012, 08:43 AM
RE: 2v2 FTA Discussion
I mean, clearly, there is FTA. P1/P3 is better than P2/P4; no one can question this, the only question is - to what degree does this impact gameplay. I agree with Worldfamous that fta comes out more at high level play, but of course to a lesser degree than it does in 1v1.

I think someone did the math at some point, to figure out what the fairest wit allowance would be. I'm not sure what it is, but I don't think it's 5/5/6/6 as suggested above. I think the below ideas are all better:

5/5/5/6
5/5/5/7
5/6/7/7
5/6/7/8

Or whatever. Discuss.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Lower level master league levels (since there are many 2v2 masters who are in a different league) has a big FTA on machination. OneSlice and I seem to handle being P2/P4 on every other map though
12-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Blitz and Mach have been mentioned, but FTA is also present in Candy if P1 uses the heavy rush. Yes it's defendable, but you shouldn't feel like you've exhausted all of your resources just to hang on for dear life. We just finished a couple games vs Banger and Alex. We definitely made mistakes along the way, but we always felt like we were a step behind. When you play someone that good that makes little to no mistakes, getting that super or even soldier out first, can make all the difference in the world. Probably the only reason we hung around so long in the second game was because we got our bombshell out first (ours was P2 and there's came out P3, same round). Banger and Alex, you guys are just that good that you don't feel it. I understand because we felt the same way until we ran into competition.
12-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Haha thanks for the ego boost worldfamous. 2v2 is all about communication, turn order and nothing else basically. So if you have even a slightly better communication or grasp of turn order than your opponent, then I think you would be able to win games no matter going as P1 or P2.

iPro
12-21-2012, 04:40 PM
(12-21-2012 04:12 PM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  Haha thanks for the ego boost worldfamous. 2v2 is all about communication, turn order and nothing else basically. So if you have even a slightly better communication or grasp of turn order than your opponent, then I think you would be able to win games no matter going as P1 or P2.

I think the math says otherwise, but I mostly agree with you. BTW, I know you said Alex is your brother and I'm curious if you live with him? My partner and I generally communicate pretty well, but I imagine being in the same house would make us even better.
12-21-2012, 11:49 PM
(12-21-2012 04:40 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(12-21-2012 04:12 PM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  Haha thanks for the ego boost worldfamous. 2v2 is all about communication, turn order and nothing else basically. So if you have even a slightly better communication or grasp of turn order than your opponent, then I think you would be able to win games no matter going as P1 or P2.

I think the math says otherwise, but I mostly agree with you. BTW, I know you said Alex is your brother and I'm curious if you live with him? My partner and I generally communicate pretty well, but I imagine being in the same house would make us even better.
Yea, that is also a factor. We do live in the same house and can probably discuss moves more in depth because we are planning what I'm going to do next turn and so he's gonna do something to help me with that and take care of troops that I won't.

iPro Clan
12-22-2012, 12:35 AM
Rawkhawk is also my brother, though we do not live together. See him about once a week and we discuss any open games at that time.
01-15-2014, 02:42 PM
any consensus on FTA solutions for 2v2?

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
01-15-2014, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2014 05:14 PM by Setorines.)
there was a vote for a proposed solution, that i just posted in, that I think most people agree with.
01-15-2014, 06:55 PM
Not many votes
http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthr...3#pid77963
but comments are from top 2v2 teams.
-----------------------------
'Correct' but asymmetric setup - 2 wits extra to P2, 1 wit to P4
Code:
Turn 1 2 3 4 5 6

T1 Total Wits 5 5 10 10 16 16