Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I won a game and go ZERO points!
09-26-2012, 12:32 AM
I won a game and go ZERO points!
After winning an exciting game, I was very disappointed that both, I and my opponent, received zero points.
It was a great game, with bombshells and all!!

This is the game:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YmIC3AQw

I didn't finish my opponent's base, but apparently he gave up.

When the game finishes and goes to the result screen it shows exactly the same result for both of us:
(I'm barspi, my opponent is solarform)

Code:
Tap for profile      Base                          Add Friend
-------------------------------------------------------------
barspi                2                0
solarform             2                0          [game center logo]

If you pay attention, after the "Base" column header, there's usually two others: "Leage Pts" and "Rank"
Those two words are missing here, and it shows zeroes under some ghost non-descript header.

So what do you think it happened?
I want my points!!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2012, 12:38 AM
RE: I won a game and go ZERO points!
(09-26-2012 12:32 AM)bbbsss Wrote:  After winning an exciting game, I was very disappointed that both, I and my opponent, received zero points.
It was a great game, with bombshells and all!!

This is the game:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YmIC3AQw

I didn't finish my opponent's base, but apparently he gave up.

When the game finishes and goes to the result screen it shows exactly the same result for both of us:
(I'm barspi, my opponent is solarform)

Code:
Tap for profile      Base                          Add Friend
-------------------------------------------------------------
barspi                2                0
solarform             2                0          [game center logo]

If you pay attention, after the "Base" column header, there's usually two others: "Leage Pts" and "Rank"
Those two words are missing here, and it shows zeroes under some ghost non-descript header.

So what do you think it happened?
I want my points!!!!

There are two possible explenations for this: firstly, it could be a friendly invite game, in which neither player gets any points. But I think it's more likely you encountered a bug very similiar to one I've encountered twice. Have you been playing in an area with weak connection or did you have trouble submitting your winning turn? this happened to me and the game crashed, and when I started the app back up I had won but neither of us got any points.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
09-26-2012, 01:36 AM
(09-26-2012 12:38 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  There are two possible explenations for this: firstly, it could be a friendly invite game, in which neither player gets any points. But I think it's more likely you encountered a bug very similiar to one I've encountered twice. Have you been playing in an area with weak connection or did you have trouble submitting your winning turn? this happened to me and the game crashed, and when I started the app back up I had won but neither of us got any points.

If course it was not an invite game. It was a regular league game.

I regularly get submission errors on my iPad, and also when reading the game list, it often just hangs there and I have to kill and restart the game. Curiously, this doesn't happen on the iPhone 4S version. But I never saw any information loss.

Furthermore, the error didn't happen on my turn, but on my opponent's turn (who saw he was going to lose and gave up the game).
I can't really tell if my points did change in my division listing. Maybe I received the points, but the end-of-game summary doesn't show it. Maybe I didn't get any points.... I guess the developers don't read the forum?
09-26-2012, 02:35 AM
You probably won't be able to tell what caused it then.

And OML do read the forums, they just have a heavy workload and can't reply to everything. Besides you only made this thread 2 hours ago, they physically might not even be able to reply that fast

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
09-26-2012, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2012 12:56 PM by CombatEX.)
This happened to me before, but despite saying I was awarded no points in the game conclusion screen, my points did in fact go up and my opponent's points went down. Check if the same is true for you.

EDIT: It looks like you don't remember how many points you had before the game, but if that is the case then it is likely you did receive points as I did and the conclusion screen was just glitched not to show it.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
09-27-2012, 09:26 PM
This happened to me as well, but i think the pointS did show up in the end.
09-28-2012, 06:08 AM
I've had this happen about 5 times in league games where all participants were ranked. I've been saving game ID's and will probably email them to the devs if it gets to be a long list.
09-28-2012, 06:13 AM
i experienced this once. no points were shown like in the illustration in the first post. but i could have sworn that my division points increased. is it the same with you guys?

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
09-28-2012, 10:09 AM
(09-28-2012 07:39 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(09-28-2012 07:23 AM)the duck Wrote:  I have started 2 games as gifted, the first one I won and got promoted (steel keep the reaplay), in the second game I have lost but no one lost or achieved any points. In my opinion is becausse I switch tair in the middle of the game and the sistem dosn't know how to deal with it. Lucky my.

can you spell the words correctly so people can understand you.
steel = still
reaplay = replay
tair = (i dont even know what that is)
sistem = system
dosn't = doesn't
my = me

Easy there slugger. I'm assuming English is not his first language and I understood everything he said. Well almost everything. My guess tair=tier.
09-28-2012, 07:34 PM
(09-28-2012 10:09 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(09-28-2012 07:39 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(09-28-2012 07:23 AM)the duck Wrote:  I have started 2 games as gifted, the first one I won and got promoted (steel keep the reaplay), in the second game I have lost but no one lost or achieved any points. In my opinion is becausse I switch tair in the middle of the game and the sistem dosn't know how to deal with it. Lucky my.

can you spell the words correctly so people can understand you.
steel = still
reaplay = replay
tair = (i dont even know what that is)
sistem = system
dosn't = doesn't
my = me

Easy there slugger. I'm assuming English is not his first language and I understood everything he said. Well almost everything. My guess tair=tier.

yeah. im sorry for being an a** and im deleting my post. its just that i really get the feeling this person is doing it on purpose.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*