Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Wanted feature list for v1.1
09-14-2012, 01:12 AM
Wanted feature list for v1.1
Here is my wanted feature list (for v1.1)
-----------------------------------------------------

1.)
Game counter! In game list, you should display
how many games are in progress.
For example: 30/35 games
Currently, I must manually count them! :/

2.)
When playing in Pass n' Play mode,
there is no replay. But why? That is bad.
Please show replay here too!

3.)
While replaying 2v2 games, you should
display the game member's user names somehow.
And maybe the playing order too.

4.)
Faster time-out for 1v1 games.
4 day time-out is too long (and not even working
currently). I think it would be better to reduce
it to 2 days.

5.)
Max. 35 games is still not enough!
My game list is often full with unanswered games.
I would like to increase the limit.
Don't want to wait to can play. Sad

6.)
Support feedback option within the game.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2012, 05:12 AM
RE: Wanted feature list for v1.1
3) The playing order is showed, at the bottom right hand corner. When it's your turn.

4)Why are you so hurried to finish a game? It seems you have 35 games in total, so one more or less.. ^^

5) 35 games not enough? Do you spend your day on outwitters? :o

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
09-15-2012, 09:19 PM
Wowsers, I can only fit 20 games in when I'm on holiday! You must be on loads

I completely agree with 1, when I want to save some space for tourney games I have to count manually

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
09-15-2012, 09:36 PM
What I want the most is the possibility to re initialize our account data on outwitters. I deleted the game, deleted the data from game center, then download it again, and my battles were still here.

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

09-15-2012, 09:46 PM
(09-15-2012 09:36 PM)W1cked21 Wrote:  What I want the most is the possibility to re initialize our account data on outwitters. I deleted the game, deleted the data from game center, then download it again, and my battles were still here.

They were still there because it's attached to your game centre account. If you want to start again you can create another one I think?

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
09-16-2012, 01:33 AM
A game counter is a really good idea in my opinion. Currently, you download the game and start matches until you encounter the infamous 'warmongering'-error message telling you that you cannot open more games until you finish your current games. This is surprising in a bad way and clearly communicating the existence and the extent of a game limit feels like a no-brainer.

To the other points:
2.) I believe you are talking about the auto-replay, because there is the same replay functionality as in the online game modes.
Pass'n'play is for when you are together with a friend and sitting through the auto-replay or aborting it 80% of the time when passing your iDevice around seems cumbersome to me. If you want to know what happened (the other 20% of the time) you can watch the replay of your opponents last turn from your perspective.

3.) (speaking from an iPhone perspective) just like in 1v1 replays, the current player's name is displayed at the top of the screen. Displaying the turn order is debatable - during the game it is paramount to planning your moves, but in a replay you see the game as it happened and knowing the order of players doesn't really give you anything.

4.) I hereby proclaim the issue of the length of the auto-forfeit timeout an endless discussion. So long as these forums are active, there will always be a debate about this issue and at any given time, someone will be discontent with its current duration (both the duration of the timeout as well as the duration of the discussion).

5.) Seeing as the 35 game limit upgrade was offered via IAP to finance the server, I don't see this happening. Also: there are certain issues revolving around game spamming and FTA that need to be solved before the game limit is tackled again.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-16-2012, 04:29 AM
(09-15-2012 09:46 PM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  
(09-15-2012 09:36 PM)W1cked21 Wrote:  What I want the most is the possibility to re initialize our account data on outwitters. I deleted the game, deleted the data from game center, then download it again, and my battles were still here.

They were still there because it's attached to your game centre account. If you want to start again you can create another one I think?

I already did (read "a good exemple of ranking problem"), but I only wanted to re intialize all, so I can play with only one account ^^ But again, it's not really important, just a feature which could be really useful.

Now, THE thing to change is the P1/P2 problem. (what everyone complained about, you should be 50% P1 and 50% P2 on all battles)

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

09-16-2012, 04:42 AM
Here are my features requests:

Make the game playable on iPhone 4 (it lags between 5 and 10 seconds between when I tap a piece and it makes a move) by disabling the animation or tuning whatever is overloading that processor.

Make sure when I start a game I can only get 50% FPA. It's no fun to start 5 games and move first on all - and it's equally not fun to start second on all.

Show visually in the game itself if it's a tourney game (with the flag) next to my name on the wit counter when I'm making moves.

Add a scrubbing control to the replay so I can scrub back and forth the moves.

A dialog for when you press done but have wits still to move (especially if you press done and haven't made a single move yet).

No need to press done when you are out of wits. Why wait to tell the server you are done. You can still chat later, you can still resign later - let the opponent move once you are out of moves.
09-16-2012, 05:00 AM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2012 08:50 AM by IronMagus.)
(09-16-2012 04:42 AM)bmike Wrote:  A dialog for when you press done but have wits still to move (especially if you press done and haven't made a single move yet).
Yes, this in my opinion is absolutely necessary. "You still have wits left. Are you sure you want to end your turn?" I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally tapped "Done" when I wasn't really done.

Quote:No need to press done when you are out of wits. Why wait to tell the server you are done. You can still chat later, you can still resign later - let the opponent move once you are out of moves.
This too. It's not like you can go back and undo things. Not as imperative though as the above.

IronMagus' Replays Thread - Please watch and comment.
Greasemonkey script for Firefox - Open replay links in your browser!
09-16-2012, 07:22 AM
(09-16-2012 04:42 AM)bmike Wrote:  Make the game playable on iPhone 4 (it lags between 5 and 10 seconds between when I tap a piece and it makes a move) by disabling the animation or tuning whatever is overloading that processor.

I have an iPhone 4. Haven't had any issues with lag. Sure sometimes she's a little groggy after waking up, but she speeds back to normal soon enough.

I AM THE 99.9997%!