Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to counter runner spamming when moving second?
09-12-2012, 12:08 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2012 12:09 AM by wonderpug.)
RE: How to counter runner spamming when moving second?
He's spending 3 wits every time he spawns a new runner, moves it, then kills one of your runners. Keep on matching those 3 wits with your own runners taking out his, but also work on moving a soldier into position, or moving a medic in place to boost your next runner.

As soon as you get to kill his runner with a soldier or with a 2hp runner, you've won the runner fight, and you'll probably be in a better overall position than him.

Oh, and with regards to this:
(09-11-2012 02:33 PM)MrUseless Wrote:  My problem seems to be that I just can't keep up. I think I end up behind because I spend my first turn putting out runners so I have decent vision of the map. Then my opponent kills my runners, and I'm behind.

It sounds like you're sticking your initial scouting runners too far forward. If the runner exchanges are happening closer to his base, that favors him. Try moving your first runner ahead just 3 spaces from your spawn to scout. Now if he kills that guy with his own runner, you can spawn a soldier to take out his runner. You're improving your overall board positioning, and he's essentially just wasting his wits.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to counter runner spamming when moving second? - wonderpug - 09-12-2012 12:08 AM