Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something wrong with point allocation
09-09-2012, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2012 08:50 AM by I_am_sparta.)
Something wrong with point allocation
Hi Support

Can you explain to me how the point system works for winning a game?

I am currently in the Clever league and have been battling the top play drchill in the same league on a number of games. Some of them I have been winning and other he has. I am puzzled as to what he seems to get 25+ points for winning a game when if I win I get a lot less.

It just doesn't make sense to me. Can you explain please?

I have screen shots that I can email...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2012, 09:43 AM
RE: Something wrong with point allocation
Your hidden ranking is higher than that person. Your hidden rank is your true rating and determines when you get promoted etc. The ranking inside the divisions by points aren't really indicators of the better player.
09-09-2012, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2012 10:12 AM by I_am_sparta.)
If there is a hidden ranking as you suggest how can we determine what this is? In my example above the player drchill is on 2200+ points compared to everyone else who the ne t highest is 1300. I just want to make sure there is nothing going wrong with points or that the calculations used to rank and award points isn't buggy. I've submitted a bug report for review

Here are links to the replays of 3 games to see as examples

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y34WlAQw

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YtJWkAQw

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y8N6kAQw
09-09-2012, 11:38 AM
There is no way to see exactly what your MMR (matchmaking rating) is, it is hidden. The league points are initially misleading, in that, they are NOT a barometer of your skill in relation to anyone else in your ladder. In your case, it would appear that your opponent has ammased a large amound of points by playing a large amount of games. You see, as long as you win ~50% of your games played, your point total will continue to rise. This has been, and continues to be, covered in a lot of previous posts.

As a side note, I would think that the shear amount of traffic this subject continies to cause on the boards will eventually warrant some kind of adjustment in the future.