Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$2.99 for an increased game limit?
09-08-2012, 07:12 AM
RE: $2.99 for an increased game limit?
(09-08-2012 05:53 AM)oneadamleft Wrote:  Ads are annoying and tacky, which was why we didn't include them with the release. We weighed the cost, and the money they'd bring in isn't worth the time we'd spend adding them now anyway.

The game limit increase isn't required, it's just an option for people who like to play a lot.

I understand and appreciate your decision not to put ads in the game. I personally paid the $2.99 for the expanded game limit. I probably won't even play that many games but you guys have made one of the best games in the app store and I'm happy to support you. I just don't like the idea of taking away in order to encourage in app purchases. Maybe if it was made clear from the beginning or you grandfathered those that downloaded before the update, it would be ok. Your strategy from the beginning, at least as I understood it, to give the game away and the rest will sell itself, was a good one. As long as you continue to produce maps and teams, I believe you will have continued success. Just don't yank your loss leader. You need the freeloaders too. I own a particular hamburger franchise that you would know and we sell items for $1 to bring those types in. I hate doing it and I lose money on those transactions that don't add anything on, but it's a necessary part of the bigger business model. I'm probably looking too deep into this, but just some food for thought. Keep the cheapskates around in order to reel in the premium buyers such as myself.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: $2.99 for an increased game limit? - worldfamous - 09-08-2012 07:12 AM