Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sticky note idea
09-06-2012, 12:32 AM
Lightbulb Sticky note idea
I have an idea to suggest to Outwitters, I play multiple games, lots! and often I wish I would remember what is going on and what my plan was or that particular game, so I thought that it would be cool if Outwitters would add a sticky note option to the games so we can make notes whenever we see it fit.

Can you pass this around so it gets the attention of one of the Outwitters genius that can make this happen?

Thanks

Ivan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2012, 03:09 AM
RE: Sticky note idea
Good idea i like this suggestion
09-06-2012, 03:42 AM
From a programming standpoint, a simple fix could be to add a "private chat" that only you can see, perhaps labeled as Notes.
09-06-2012, 03:58 AM
(09-06-2012 03:42 AM)Yipperpants Wrote:  From a programming standpoint, a simple fix could be to add a "private chat" that only you can see, perhaps labeled as Notes.
Agree. It's essentially there already in 2v2 (partner chat). They would just need to relabel it.
09-06-2012, 04:10 AM
I'd prefer something that lets you annotate the map itself, but I'll take anything along those lines. I can't count how many times I've crippled myself with a dumb move just because I forgot something about the situation and didn't think I had to go through the replay. I've also missed out on plenty of great opportunities because I completely forgot some plan I was in the middle of.
09-07-2012, 03:24 AM
Yeah, I had thought about this as well.
09-07-2012, 07:30 AM
Sometimes I'll make a pass and play game to help me plan turns on the small maps where I almost always know what my opponent has done during their turns. It would be nice to be able to quickly switch between a 'shadow mode' and the real game where you can play around moving your units to different place and can put your opponent's units where you think they are on the board. Obviously if your scouting has been poor or you simply don't know what your opponent has been doing for whatever reason, it won't be as helpful. On small maps though where you can pretty accurately pin down what units your opponent has made and where they are this would be a nice tool.

I don't really know if I want this enough for OML to devote dev time on it when they could be doing something else though.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
09-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Love this idea. Can't count the number of times I positioned my runner *perfectly* just out of sight of the enemy to attack a sniper (so 6 spaces in between), and next turn just forgets because I can't see the enemy sniper.
09-09-2012, 03:22 AM
(09-07-2012 06:19 PM)CommandConquerer Wrote:  Love this idea. Can't count the number of times I positioned my runner *perfectly* just out of sight of the enemy to attack a sniper (so 6 spaces in between), and next turn just forgets because I can't see the enemy sniper.

Can't you just use replays? I almost always replay the last couple moves so I can remember what's going on.
09-09-2012, 04:02 AM
Sometimes I have to scan through 20 steps of a replay to remember whether or not an opponent's starting sniper is still up, or if it's been medic boosted. If there was some sort of notetaking feature I would just have to spend 2 seconds looking at my note.