Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flawed ranking system
09-07-2012, 02:19 AM
RE: Flawed ranking system
(09-04-2012 04:27 PM)QuantumApocalypse Wrote:  There is hidden rating for each player which determines leagues, promotions, demotions, and of course - points.

Damage done on the player's base doesn't alter the final points.

If you have beaten someone at the top of your tier and gained only a handful of points, that is an indicator that your hidden rank is higher than the other player, despite their points being shown ranking them higher. If you played against someone below you on the ladder, and the win granted many many points, that is an indicator that their hidden rank would be higher than yours.

Thank you so much for this clear explanation. I have a list of games where I couldn't figure out why points were awarded on a game - especially in 2v2 random games where I was wondering if points on bases had any calculus. I don't want ever to feel that I should be striking out rather than playing defense and supporting a partner just to grab a few more points in the league. This thought did cross my mind after three games where I had a pretty new player go on the offensive (without chatting about it) and it was all I could do to heal up, defend and keep his attacker from getting cut down. In the end - it now makes sense. The large points were not awarded based on their base being protected or them taking the last shot or doing the damage to houses.

Those players that got lots of points (when I got few) from the win since the system expected them to lose whereas it expected me to win handily.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Flawed ranking system - wizzbane! - 09-04-2012, 01:48 PM
RE: Flawed ranking system - swimj - 09-04-2012, 01:55 PM
RE: Flawed ranking system - bmike - 09-07-2012 02:19 AM
RE: Flawed ranking system - Ivandadajet - 09-13-2012, 01:03 PM
RE: Flawed ranking system - Ivandadajet - 09-13-2012, 11:15 PM
RE: Flawed ranking system - wonderpug - 09-14-2012, 12:01 AM
RE: Flawed ranking system - Nkernick - 09-14-2012, 03:19 PM
RE: Flawed ranking system - Nkernick - 09-14-2012, 07:29 PM