Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.36 Average
Outwitters WORLD CUP Winner - Alvendor (SWEDEN)
10-08-2012, 07:41 PM
RE: Outwitters WORLD CUP - Round of 16
Bump for forum bug
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2012, 01:16 AM
(10-08-2012 08:47 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  P1 quenson21
P2 awpertunity
Map Peekaboo
Turns 11
Winner awpertunity

Originally planned to pull out a bombshell on turn 8 but guessed he had a scrambler and correctly verified it. Got a lucky kill on his scrambler on turn 10.

P1 awpertunity
P2 quenson21
Map Peekaboo
Turns 6
Winner awpertunity

Replays posted in elimination_details.pdf

(10-08-2012 07:10 PM)Eijolend Wrote:  Peekaboo

P1 Eijolend
P2 blckace
blckace
32 turns
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y7va9AQw

P1 blckace
P2 Eijolend
blckace
13 turns
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YsevEAQw

Nice ones guys. Any more commentary forthcoming from you players on these games? Smile
10-09-2012, 01:56 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2012 02:04 AM by blckace.)
(10-09-2012 01:16 AM)Ravernoth Wrote:  Nice ones guys. Any more commentary forthcoming from you players on these games? Smile

the game with me as p2 i just played defensively and i moved the heavy down to use him as a shield for scrambler in case i needed one and also to make room for soldiers he rushed his attack and i had plenty of wits so it was easy to defend and push for counter attack after

The game with me as p1 turn 5 i spawned a scout to see if my scrambler would be safe where i plan on positioning him and i buffed the scout so when i get his wit space he would be forced to use a soldier instead of a scout. Turn 9 i made the scrambler and killed the only threat to the scrambler i didnt waste a wit buffing the scrambler because all he had was soldiers so 2 hp wouldnt make a difference, putting him there i was hoping to scramble one of his heavies either the one on the wit space or the other one had he used him to kill my soldier
10-09-2012, 06:39 AM
blueswimmer95
thrutchy
21 turns
Replay

-My initial attack was mainly to stir things up a bit, and as soon as I saw he made a mobi I felt a pretty good advantage. Even though my mobi didn't do anything, the threat of it's use forced him to spend wits to deal with it, allowing me to get the base in time.
10-09-2012, 08:38 AM
(10-09-2012 01:56 AM)blckace Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 01:16 AM)Ravernoth Wrote:  Nice ones guys. Any more commentary forthcoming from you players on these games? Smile

the game with me as p2 i just played defensively and i moved the heavy down to use him as a shield for scrambler in case i needed one and also to make room for soldiers he rushed his attack and i had plenty of wits so it was easy to defend and push for counter attack after

The game with me as p1 turn 5 i spawned a scout to see if my scrambler would be safe where i plan on positioning him and i buffed the scout so when i get his wit space he would be forced to use a soldier instead of a scout. Turn 9 i made the scrambler and killed the only threat to the scrambler i didnt waste a wit buffing the scrambler because all he had was soldiers so 2 hp wouldnt make a difference, putting him there i was hoping to scramble one of his heavies either the one on the wit space or the other one had he used him to kill my soldier

My attack in the first game was just bad. I was hoping blckace would be more greedy, but he played it out solidly.

The other game was just me being too greedy and postponing scouting, which blckace correctly detected and promptly punished me for.

Probably a more stable play would've been better for me in both games.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
10-09-2012, 12:45 PM
(10-09-2012 01:16 AM)Ravernoth Wrote:  
(10-08-2012 08:47 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  P1 quenson21
P2 awpertunity
Map Peekaboo
Turns 11
Winner awpertunity

Originally planned to pull out a bombshell on turn 8 but guessed he had a scrambler and correctly verified it. Got a lucky kill on his scrambler on turn 10.

P1 awpertunity
P2 quenson21
Map Peekaboo
Turns 6
Winner awpertunity

Replays posted in elimination_details.pdf

(10-08-2012 07:10 PM)Eijolend Wrote:  Peekaboo

P1 Eijolend
P2 blckace
blckace
32 turns
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y7va9AQw

P1 blckace
P2 Eijolend
blckace
13 turns
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YsevEAQw

Nice ones guys. Any more commentary forthcoming from you players on these games? Smile

I don't really have much else to say about my games. My P2 game before turn 8 was just mainly setting up. My P1 game wasn't even a game, I think my opponent just realized he wouldn't be able to win in under 11 turns.
10-09-2012, 02:37 PM
(10-09-2012 06:39 AM)swimj Wrote:  blueswimmer95
thrutchy
21 turns
Replay

-My initial attack was mainly to stir things up a bit, and as soon as I saw he made a mobi I felt a pretty good advantage. Even though my mobi didn't do anything, the threat of it's use forced him to spend wits to deal with it, allowing me to get the base in time.

I think spawning the mobi without a clear use was my biggest mistake.
10-09-2012, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2012 10:01 PM by Samura|.)
P1 samura|
P2 p1noyboypj
samura|
13 turns
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YwPK7AQw

P1noy attacked early on with a couple of runners, taking out my medic. I decided to forego the medic and just build up wit and soldiers. Saw an opening to take out 2 units with his heavy rotated over and went for it as I had a pretty good offensive advantage.
Having taken part in the current knockout stage, I realised there's a major flaw in the setup of the knockout stages. The idea of 2 games on the same map worked really well in the group stages as draws were possible, and each game was therefore hotly contested as every point counted.

However, in the knockout stages, it doesn't work quite as well. Ultimately, although we're playing two games simultaneously, only ONE game really counts --> the one that finishes first! So rather than awarding the win to the better player, we're awarding the win to the player who won his P1 game quickest (which isn't necessarily a reflection of skill). It may be a bit late to change the rules this round (I personally wouldn't object but it looks like other games have already ended with players resigning the 2nd game), but was wondering if there's something we can do about it for the quarter-finals? The other Community tournament works better in this regard, as it was a true best of 3 elimination round.

As a suggestion: perhaps we could make it so that you need to win BOTH games to progress. With a draw, the player who won his game in fewer turns will be P1 in the next game, but the other player can choose the map? This would at least maintain the integrity of both games. And winning your game faster gives you the first turn advantage, but you still have to win 2 out of 3 games.

Would like to hear what everyone else thinks...
10-10-2012, 12:05 AM
(10-09-2012 09:50 PM)Samura| Wrote:  As a suggestion: perhaps we could make it so that you need to win BOTH games to progress. With a draw, the player who won his game in fewer turns will be P1 in the next game, but the other player can choose the map? This would at least maintain the integrity of both games. And winning your game faster gives you the first turn advantage, but you still have to win 2 out of 3 games.

I like this idea. Except that Awpertunity has already selected maps for the rest of the tournament. Perhaps we would just award P1 to the person with less turns, and leave it at that.
10-10-2012, 02:24 AM
(10-09-2012 09:50 PM)Samura| Wrote:  P1 samura|
P2 p1noyboypj
samura|
13 turns
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YwPK7AQw

P1noy attacked early on with a couple of runners, taking out my medic. I decided to forego the medic and just build up wit and soldiers. Saw an opening to take out 2 units with his heavy rotated over and went for it as I had a pretty good offensive advantage.

Samura| with the giant-killing! That's on par with Buster Douglas v Tyson Smile

(10-10-2012 12:05 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 09:50 PM)Samura| Wrote:  As a suggestion: perhaps we could make it so that you need to win BOTH games to progress. With a draw, the player who won his game in fewer turns will be P1 in the next game, but the other player can choose the map? This would at least maintain the integrity of both games. And winning your game faster gives you the first turn advantage, but you still have to win 2 out of 3 games.

I like this idea. Except that Awpertunity has already selected maps for the rest of the tournament. Perhaps we would just award P1 to the person with less turns, and leave it at that.

I think it's a good idea and the fairest way to have a tie-breaker at the moment - the pre-selected maps would still be used, and P2 only picks another map if needed, so it would still work.

Up to Awpertunity of course.