Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.36 Average
Outwitters WORLD CUP Winner - Alvendor (SWEDEN)
09-26-2012, 12:34 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2012 02:58 AM by Da Wizerd.)
RE: Outwitters WORLD CUP - Group Play
(09-25-2012 02:59 PM)awpertunity Wrote:  
(09-25-2012 02:29 PM)Da Wizerd Wrote:  He wanted to play the game out, we just finished one of them, but he never sent me an invite for his P1 game.

Okay. Well it's way too late for a replacement now so you'll get a forfeit win for that game. Can you post the game you guys did finish?

Peekaboo
P1 Da Wizerd
P2 Szei
Szei
32 turns
Replay

Da Wizerd - Super-Titan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2012, 02:28 AM
Peekaboo
P1 Riptor
P2 Necrocat219
Riptor
Replay

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
09-26-2012, 02:59 AM
My game with furrysox is going slowly now, about a turn a day/every other day. Will try to make it go as quickly as I can.
09-26-2012, 02:44 PM
(09-25-2012 10:24 PM)Ravernoth Wrote:  
(09-25-2012 09:51 PM)Thrutchy Wrote:  Sweetie plains
Alvendor vs thrutchy
Alvendor
41 turns
Replay
Congrats to you and Alvendor on making it through Smile Knockout stage should be really interesting.

Thanks.

I don't know about you, but I definitely felt out of my "league" with Alvendor. It was educational.

I'll probably end the final game with about 44 turns, unless my last ditch effort succeeds. So I think that will be another 3 PA points which keeps me second for group H.
09-26-2012, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2012 03:05 PM by Szei.)
(09-25-2012 02:29 PM)Da Wizerd Wrote:  He wanted to play the game out, we just finished one of them, but he never sent me an invite for his P1 game.

I didn't realize you'd be up for a second game. If you want we can still play my P1 game. =) I just finished a lot of my work so my schedule has opened up a bit. I'll play fast so that I don't waste a slot for you for too long.

I also finished my P2 game with pinoyboypj.

Foundry
P1 pinoyboypj
P2 Szei
pinoyboypj
30 turns (surrender)
Replay

You don't have to update scores, but I can finish my games now for completeness (I have three left). If my opponents are willing I can probably finish the games before the other remaining games are done (my game vs pinoyboy pretty much took 1 day for ~20 turns so when I have time I can get turns done quickly).
09-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Sweetie Plains
P1 poopdeth
P2 sakiehl
Sakiehl
90 turns
Replay
09-26-2012, 05:08 PM
(09-26-2012 02:56 PM)Szei Wrote:  You don't have to update scores, but I can finish my games now for completeness (I have three left). If my opponents are willing I can probably finish the games before the other remaining games are done (my game vs pinoyboy pretty much took 1 day for ~20 turns so when I have time I can get turns done quickly).

If you can do that go for it! There are only two more games left in Group Play on top of your three though! But if you can finish by the end of the week that'd be great.
09-27-2012, 02:49 AM
(09-26-2012 05:08 PM)awpertunity Wrote:  But if you can finish by the end of the week that'd be great.

Okay sounds good! Unfortunately I surrendered a few turns earlier than necessary in my game vs p1noyboy since I didn't realize it was going to count at that point =P I lose 1 point in point differential because of that, hopefully that one point in the case of a tiebreaker doesn't screw me over =O It probably won't but you never know. Oh well we'll see =)
09-27-2012, 06:15 AM
What was the reasoning for putting game point differential above head to head? It doesn't really matter since it doesn't look like tiebreakers are a big deal here (it's only been used once so far), but I'm interested to hear your thought process.

You could say that point differential shows a player's performance over a larger scale so it would be more accurate. However, since we know point differential is actually quite arbitrary it would seem like head to head would be a better reflection in the case of a tie. (By arbitrary I mean it depends immensely on which maps you play on and how long it really takes on average to win on a particular map). The point thresholds you set don't really have any firm statistical reasoning behind them as was brought up earlier in this thread (page 10 or 11?). Anyway, not suggesting anything be changed retroactively since this tournament has been under way for quite a while now, but I was curious =)

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
09-27-2012, 08:08 AM
(09-27-2012 06:15 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  What was the reasoning for putting game point differential above head to head? It doesn't really matter since it doesn't look like tiebreakers are a big deal here (it's only been used once so far), but I'm interested to hear your thought process.

You could say that point differential shows a player's performance over a larger scale so it would be more accurate. However, since we know point differential is actually quite arbitrary it would seem like head to head would be a better reflection in the case of a tie. (By arbitrary I mean it depends immensely on which maps you play on and how long it really takes on average to win on a particular map). The point thresholds you set don't really have any firm statistical reasoning behind them as was brought up earlier in this thread (page 10 or 11?). Anyway, not suggesting anything be changed retroactively since this tournament has been under way for quite a while now, but I was curious =)

I was just following the actual World Cup rules Tongue

The ranking of each team in each group will be determined as follows:
a) greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;
b) goal difference in all group matches;
c) greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.
If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria, their rankings will be determined as follows:
d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned;
e) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned;
f) greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned;
g) drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.

I left out c) though because of exactly what you say.

It's funny though, apparently this exact point you brought up is an ongoing debate by World Cup spectators and I didn't even know about it.

"This all seems well and good, but personally I’d like to see more weight given to head-to-head results. If two teams finish with the same number of points but one team has beaten the other, I think the winning team deserves to go through. It should be as simple as that."

But you are definitely right in that goals in soccer are actually more true to the differential scale than the arbitrary point system we are using here.