Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.36 Average
Outwitters WORLD CUP Winner - Alvendor (SWEDEN)
09-08-2012, 09:11 PM
RE: Outwitters WORLD CUP - STARTED
Long Nine
P1 aaronINdayton
P2 FurrySox
aaronINdayton
9 turns
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YhryfAQw

second game should start soon, wanted to report first in case the replay leaves my queue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2012, 01:45 AM
Sorry to ask this and if it's a stupid of me, but I'm not sure of one aspect of the points awarded by turns. If the match results as a draw and one game was a fast rush, whilst the other was a turtle, does the player who took longer to win get points deducted?

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
09-09-2012, 03:10 AM
Foundry
P1 blueswim95
P2 necrocat219
Blueswim95
12 turns
Replay

Foundry
P1 Necrocat219
P2 blueswim95
Necrocat219
45 turns
Replay

Learnt a few important things during these games

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
09-09-2012, 04:34 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2012 04:36 AM by P1noyboypj.)
if we lost the replay, do you suggest we have to replay the game? i don't remember rounds with Ukiyulee but i won in like 15 rounds again

IRL is so busy right now. I'm glad da wizerd was helpful and posted both games.
09-09-2012, 05:22 AM
Long Nine
P1 silent)
P2 poopdeth
poopdeth 15 turns
Replay
09-09-2012, 05:30 AM
Foundry
P1 thelonepower
P2 Harti!
thelonepower
13 turns
Replay

Foundry
P1 Harti!
P2 thelonepower
Harti!
15 turns
Replay

Master league, 1107 points, 162 wins, ranked #8.
09-09-2012, 06:13 AM
Glitch
P1 cherylto
P2 Hewitt_1000
cherylto
15 turns
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y0pGeAQw

GC: cherylto
09-09-2012, 07:23 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2012 07:31 AM by awpertunity.)
(09-09-2012 01:45 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Sorry to ask this and if it's a stupid of me, but I'm not sure of one aspect of the points awarded by turns. If the match results as a draw and one game was a fast rush, whilst the other was a turtle, does the player who took longer to win get points deducted?

Not necessarily deducted if it was close in turns, but yes, the player who took longer to win is behind in a tiebreaker situation. In your case you did lose some points because of the large difference. You can check the updated standings to see how it broke down.

(09-09-2012 04:34 AM)P1noyboypj Wrote:  if we lost the replay, do you suggest we have to replay the game? i don't remember rounds with Ukiyulee but i won in like 15 rounds again

Wow you both have already played 5 games since yours? Hm, I will add this to the rules on the OP but let's do this:

If both players agree on the winner, I will post the win without a replay but you will be awarded only one point (i.e., it's as if it took you an infinite number of turns to win the game). In a tiebreaker situation with that player, you will automatically be at a loss (ties in both PTS and Game Point Differential).

It may be better to just replay the game though, there is plenty of time still.
A note on resigning

Most of you have probably already realized this but to make it clear and fair for all: DO NOT RESIGN from any games! This can ONLY HURT your standings, even if you are going to lose in the very next turn. The more turns you can hold out for in the event of a loss, the less points you stand to lose. Fight to the death!!
09-09-2012, 07:52 AM
(09-09-2012 07:23 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  
(09-09-2012 01:45 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Sorry to ask this and if it's a stupid of me, but I'm not sure of one aspect of the points awarded by turns. If the match results as a draw and one game was a fast rush, whilst the other was a turtle, does the player who took longer to win get points deducted?

Not necessarily deducted if it was close in turns, but yes, the player who took longer to win is behind in a tiebreaker situation. In your case you did lose some points because of the large difference. You can check the updated standings to see how it broke down.

(09-09-2012 04:34 AM)P1noyboypj Wrote:  if we lost the replay, do you suggest we have to replay the game? i don't remember rounds with Ukiyulee but i won in like 15 rounds again

Wow you both have already played 5 games since yours? Hm, I will add this to the rules on the OP but let's do this:

If both players agree on the winner, I will post the win without a replay but you will be awarded only one point (i.e., it's as if it took you an infinite number of turns to win the game). In a tiebreaker situation with that player, you will automatically be at a loss (ties in both PTS and Game Point Differential).

It may be better to just replay the game though, there is plenty of time still.
A note on resigning

Most of you have probably already realized this but to make it clear and fair for all: DO NOT RESIGN from any games! This can ONLY HURT your standings, even if you are going to lose in the very next turn. The more turns you can hold out for in the event of a loss, the less points you stand to lose. Fight to the death!!

Oops. I thought it would be kinda snobby if I didn't resign the turn before I lost. I'll have to think better next time ^^'

09-09-2012, 08:23 AM
P1 awpertunity > P2 alexch2 on Glitch 13 turns

P1 alexch2 > P2 awpertunity on Glitch 23 turns

Replays posted in pdf