Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.36 Average
Outwitters WORLD CUP Winner - Alvendor (SWEDEN)
10-30-2012, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2012 08:31 PM by Ravernoth.)
RE: Outwitters WORLD CUP - Round of 16
Nice to see updates on this great tourney! Next round will be very interesting with the likely +1 wit, FTA fix, and tiebreaker games Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Bump for forum bug
10-30-2012, 09:35 PM
Forum bump
10-31-2012, 05:05 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2012 05:30 AM by Szei.)
(10-30-2012 01:25 PM)awpertunity Wrote:  What happens in these games? He times out and you win?

Well, he sees the game for a turn or two, but then it disappears for him. I can still see that it's his turn. 4 days later it says I win and then it shows up for him as a loss. I started yet another game with him, hopefully it doesn't disappear this time. But yes, we haven't managed to get the second game going due to this recurring issue.
11-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Regarding the next round tiebreaker rules, I feel it might be better for the player with the advantage to give him the choice between p1 or choosing the map, instead of just assuming he would want p1.
11-05-2012, 04:14 PM
My p1 game just expired again, this time he didn't take his first turn. I asked him in our other game if he could see it but he hasn't responded yet (he last played me 3 days ago). I asked him whether he could see the most recent game I made right after I made it (4 days ago) so he technically should have seen my query as he took his turn a day after I messaged him but he hasn't said anything. Oh well, hopefully he gets back to me soon and we can resolve this unfortunate issue.
11-06-2012, 04:39 AM
Szei can you clear something up for me? Are you the same person as CombatEX?
11-06-2012, 07:06 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2012 07:07 AM by GoHeat 3.)
(11-06-2012 04:39 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Szei can you clear something up for me? Are you the same person as CombatEX?
Not sure how to quote it but this is what he said!

As for my forum account, yes I do have another one (Szei). The story behind that is Szei was my original account while CombatEX was my roommate's account (incidentally, Szei is my SC2 account too). My roommate lost interest in Outwitters because he wanted to compete on our SC2 university team in the CSL. Anyway, I decided to switch to using his account "CombatEX". You'll notice that on Szei I stopped posting right around when CombatEX suddenly got much more active. After a long gap I started posting with Szei again for the World Cup thread to avoid confusion with my opponents. Other than that this is the forum account I have been using since 7/16 (stopped using Szei on 7/10 until 8/30 when I signed up for the World Cup).

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
11-06-2012, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2012 06:36 PM by Szei.)
Yea, thanks GoHeat 3! Here it is in quote format though not that it's really necessary. Anyway, hope that clears it up for you GreatGonzales.

(11-03-2012 03:55 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  As for my forum account, yes I do have another one (Szei). The story behind that is Szei was my original account while CombatEX was my roommate's account (incidentally, Szei is my SC2 account too). My roommate lost interest in Outwitters because he wanted to compete on our SC2 university team in the CSL. Anyway, I decided to switch to using his account "CombatEX". You'll notice that on Szei I stopped posting right around when CombatEX suddenly got much more active. After a long gap I started posting with Szei again for the World Cup thread to avoid confusion with my opponents. Other than that this is the forum account I have been using since 7/16 (stopped using Szei on 7/10 until 8/30 when I signed up for the World Cup).

Strategicthinker just responded that the loss from the last game showed up for him so I've made another game again. He hasn't played me back yet though so I currently don't know if he can see it this time. Things are starting to pick up a bit in our long game so hopefully that will at least be done soon.
11-07-2012, 04:42 PM
P1 alexch2
P2 cheryito
39 turns
winner:alexch2
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YnYm7AQw
unfortunately cheryito timed outSad dont know why

[Image: sig.png]