Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.36 Average
Outwitters WORLD CUP Winner - Alvendor (SWEDEN)
11-08-2012, 05:58 AM
RE: Outwitters WORLD CUP - Round of 16
Suggestion for the semifinals map
Replace glitch with the new large map from the update!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2012, 07:13 AM
forum bug
11-08-2012, 07:36 AM
Bump for bug
11-08-2012, 09:13 AM
(11-07-2012 04:42 PM)alexch234 Wrote:  P1 alexch2
P2 cheryito
39 turns
winner:alexch2
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YnYm7AQw
unfortunately cheryito timed outSad dont know why

Cherylto could kill your bombshell on turn 26!
11-08-2012, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2012 02:02 PM by awpertunity.)
(11-05-2012 11:11 AM)blckace Wrote:  Regarding the next round tiebreaker rules, I feel it might be better for the player with the advantage to give him the choice between p1 or choosing the map, instead of just assuming he would want p1.

Yes that's a good point. Especially with the update probably coming in before the next round, players may want to choose the map rather than being P1.
(11-08-2012 05:58 AM)blckace Wrote:  Suggestion for the semifinals map
Replace glitch with the new large map from the update!

We can consider this when we get closer to then. If the map has been around long enough then I'd be fine with it.
(11-06-2012 06:34 PM)Szei Wrote:  Yea, thanks GoHeat 3! Here it is in quote format though not that it's really necessary. Anyway, hope that clears it up for you GreatGonzales.

(11-03-2012 03:55 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  As for my forum account, yes I do have another one (Szei). The story behind that is Szei was my original account while CombatEX was my roommate's account (incidentally, Szei is my SC2 account too). My roommate lost interest in Outwitters because he wanted to compete on our SC2 university team in the CSL. Anyway, I decided to switch to using his account "CombatEX". You'll notice that on Szei I stopped posting right around when CombatEX suddenly got much more active. After a long gap I started posting with Szei again for the World Cup thread to avoid confusion with my opponents. Other than that this is the forum account I have been using since 7/16 (stopped using Szei on 7/10 until 8/30 when I signed up for the World Cup).

Strategicthinker just responded that the loss from the last game showed up for him so I've made another game again. He hasn't played me back yet though so I currently don't know if he can see it this time. Things are starting to pick up a bit in our long game so hopefully that will at least be done soon.

Okay, well you guys are officially the last undecided match of the Round of 16. Fortunately for strategicthinker, we will not be starting the Round of 16 until the new update occurs... but if his P2 game is still not even started by then I will have to disqualify him.
11-10-2012, 07:14 PM
I have just found my fifth game disappeared with Szei. Don't know if others have experienced this bug - I only get it with friendlies, but it is very frustrating.

To let the tournament proceed, I concede our round to Szei. He had an edge in the only match we managed to play through even against FTA, so that is only fair.

Good luck in the tournie, Szei, shame our match was so messed up.
11-11-2012, 06:27 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2012 06:38 AM by awpertunity.)
(11-10-2012 07:14 PM)Strategic thinker Wrote:  I have just found my fifth game disappeared with Szei. Don't know if others have experienced this bug - I only get it with friendlies, but it is very frustrating.

To let the tournament proceed, I concede our round to Szei. He had an edge in the only match we managed to play through even against FTA, so that is only fair.

Good luck in the tournie, Szei, shame our match was so messed up.

I'm sorry it had to end that way but appreciate your concession so the tournament can move on. Really though 5 games in a row is ridiculous, I'm assuming you have reported the bug?
QUARTERFINALS DETAILS

We will start the quarterfinal matches as soon as the new update has been applied.
All previous rules apply (best of three matches for rest of tournament); however, the Veggienauts will not be allowed in this tournament.

The new map will also not be allowed, but this is only for the Quarterfinals match. For Semifinals and Finals if there is a tie, the new map may be chosen for the third game.
11-11-2012, 06:42 AM
RE: Outwitters WORLD CUP - Quarterfinals
Since my other game with blueswimmer95 is the only one left, here is an update. I think we are at about turn 90. My base is a 3 and his is at 5. It doesn't seem like it this will end soon, but it is no bombshell deadlock (we are both adorables). The outcome of the game is a don't-care because of the tie-breaker.
11-19-2012, 01:12 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2012 01:48 AM by Thrutchy.)
Peekaboo
^ thrutchy ^ (A) vs blueswimmer95 (A)
blueswimmer95
100 turns
Replay

This was a really good game in my opinion. If nothing else, take a look at the very close ending (turns 87-100).

These games with blueswimmer95 were my first games using adorables. I think I did ok, but I definitely had some mess ups. I probably should have stuck with scallywags.

Here is a bit of commentary:

turn 16-18: I attack. I probably shouldn't have wasted wits on a mobi since it didn't provide much value at this point. My attack force is beaten pretty badly and I retreat (but the mobi helps with that). Now, I've lost my FTA.

turn 26-27: He attacks. Fortunately I prepared a defense using my mobi as a spawn point. I was able to kill most of the attacking force.

turn 33-36: I put my force a little too far out from my spawn point ready for an attack, and he attacks. He retreats after I respond.

turn 40-41: He attacks with a sniper and I find unbuffed soldiers aren't cutting it. I need a medic.

turn 44-47: He attacks my runner with a sniper and I respond killing the soldiers in front of the sniper (using my sniper near the bonus wit to help) along with the sniper. He attacks back with a new sniper and some soldiers to kill a couple my soldiers. I retreat.

turn 54-56: He attacks. Fortunately, I used my mobi again as a spawn point to fend off the attack. It took me a while to find that perfect response (with a new sniper) to the attack. So, another retreat.

turn 60-61: He attacks toward my spawn point taking out a new sniper. I screwed up in letting him kill my sniper with a runner. I let him see my unbuffed sniper and I assume that's why he attacks.

turn 66-73: I'm too far out again and he attacks taking out 3 soldiers. My response takes out 2 soldiers, but doesn't look too wit efficient. I moved my unbuffed soldier (via mobi) to my bonus wit space for protection from his heavy. The result of that is that he attacked toward my spawn side. I sacraficed my medic and allowed him to occupy my spawn to prevent more base damage. He took 2 off of my base, but it cost him 2 soldiers. Now, it is my turn to start attacking.

turn 77-81: I attack his bonus wit directly and ready my mobi. He kills one of my soldiers in response. I screwed up turn 79. I miscounted wits, but fortunately I realized after spending a couple wits. I should have killed a soldier and his runner by using mobi to bring the sniper over. I would have been close to a win had I done that. Instead I retreated.

turn 87-91: I decided to attack toward the spawn because I could kill 2 of his soldiers over there and he had a good defense on the bonus wit side. On turn 88, I cover his spawn point with a soldier and I put a runner in front in hopes that I could hold the spawn point. His medic was helpful to me to cause him to waste a wit moving her. The mobi would allow me to easily bring reinforcements. Unfortunately he had enough wits. On turn 90, the "sneaking" icon was screwed up. After all of his moves, I clearly remember the sneaking icon spinning for a couple seconds, so I though he had something hidden in a far corner. On turn 91, I wish I had enough wits to spawn a buffed heavy (or had one around) and plug the spawn point. Instead, I started readying an attack on the other side.

turn 93-94: Jumped a runner on his wit space and killed a runner, but teleported the runner away since he could be easily killed. The big mistake I made here was spawning a soldier instead of saving wits. The soldier ended up being in the way for a sniper that I later wanted.

turn 95-100: I attacked his soldier on his bonus wit using my mobi-sniper and a soldier over there. Moving my soldier out was probably a mistake since it revealed to him where my wits were. His response was to of course kill my sniper, but he started marching to my base instead of responding to my threat. On turn 97, I needed 2 more wits to win. Instead I was able to stall his win by a turn. On turn 99, I needed 1 more wit to win. He got me on turn 100.
11-20-2012, 04:51 PM
With the update released, we're ready to resume the World Cup!

So go ahead and start your matches at your earliest convenience!

Keep in mind the Veggienaughts are not allowed in this tournament. Also, if you haven't been paying attention, the remainder of the matches are now Best of 3 matches. If there is a 1-1 tie after your two games (on Long Nine for the Quarterfinals), the advantaged player will get to choose both the map and player order. Please see the OP for details on who the advantaged player is.

Also keep in mind, for the Quarterfinals only, neither of the two new Veggienaught maps will be allowed as the tiebreaker map. That said, good luck to all!