Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patch Contemplation...
08-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Patch Contemplation...
With the first Outwitters update coming soon (hopefully), now seems a good time to make some guesses, suggestions, and general hubbub about what will be included. What do you want to see fixed? What should be changed? What do we know is already included? Ideas & Knowledge from everyone please!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2012, 11:47 PM
RE: Patch Contemplation...
I'll go with...

New team
Many crash fixes
Cheat prevention measures
Slightly revised ladder system with promise of more substantial revision to come
Adorables made even more adorable
08-27-2012, 03:16 AM
We know that the soldier in the foundry rush (yes, THAT soldier) will be moved back one space.

Hopefully also stabilization and less crashes and bugginess. Also perhaps an implementation of a bonus pool.

It sounds like the new team won't be out with the first patch. But given time, it will be! Big Grin

I AM THE 99.9997%!

[Image: sig.png]
08-27-2012, 03:44 AM
Oh really? What was said about the new team release schedule? Just that it's not ready?
08-27-2012, 06:42 AM
Some fix to loading up the queue with FTA games!
Increased game limit
Maybe a wit counter in replays?
Scallywags made even more scallywag
08-27-2012, 06:49 AM
Any chance we can get the screen to flip for Ipads. Just annoying when trying to charge my Ipad, from playing Outwitters constantly. Would be nice if the screen flipped so my charge cord was on top
when trying to play.
08-27-2012, 08:39 AM
I'd love to see game centre achievements. Especially as the hidden ranking is, well, hidden, achievements could add another way to attempt to earn bragging rights without messing with, or disclosing more than the devs want about, the current system.

Ideas:
Win a league game:
- spawning and not loosing 2 specials
- capturing and holding 1 opponent/extra wit point
- healing 10+ units
- with only 1 unit left
- 10 times in a row
- etc, etc

Can layer on league and team for more variety too. And stuff to force people out of routines, ie try new stuff. Tangible goals to work towards, other than accumulating fun points and hoping for (dreading) league promotions (demotions).

But I agree that fixing cheats and glitches is #1.

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma
08-27-2012, 11:05 AM
(08-27-2012 03:44 AM)wonderpug Wrote:  Oh really? What was said about the new team release schedule? Just that it's not ready?

It sounds like they want to do some beta testing before they release the team. It really hasn't be definitively stated either way whether it will be included in the patch, but to me it sounds like it will be a later patch.

I AM THE 99.9997%!

[Image: sig.png]
08-27-2012, 03:33 PM
(08-27-2012 06:49 AM)MarkedCards Wrote:  Any chance we can get the screen to flip for Ipads. Just annoying when trying to charge my Ipad, from playing Outwitters constantly. Would be nice if the screen flipped so my charge cord was on top
when trying to play.

+1 - very annoying and seems like an easy fix.
08-27-2012, 07:28 PM
(08-27-2012 08:39 AM)RandyDogz Wrote:  I'd love to see game centre achievements. Especially as the hidden ranking is, well, hidden, achievements could add another way to attempt to earn bragging rights without messing with, or disclosing more than the devs want about, the current system.
The topic of achievements came up during beta and to this day, I am an advocate of extreme caution when it comes to achievements in a 1v1 (or in the case of Outwitters 2v2) competitive multiplayer game.
The primary reason for this is the shifting of objectives and potentially ugly side effects, I will demonstrate this with your examples below.

(08-27-2012 08:39 AM)RandyDogz Wrote:  Win a league game spawning and not loosing 2 specials
You could win the game this turn - but you would also like to do the achievement, so you corner your opponent into a situation where he cannot win while you take 3 turns to spawn your two Specials and only then destroy the base.
Oh, and imagine your rage when your opponent understandably decides to forfeit the game one turn before you could fulfill the achievement requirement.

(08-27-2012 08:39 AM)RandyDogz Wrote:  Win a league game healing 10+ units
Same scenario as above - you delay your win to safely earn this achievement and give your opponent the chance to spoil your plans by forfeiting.

(08-27-2012 08:39 AM)RandyDogz Wrote:  Win a league game with only 1 unit left
This is extremely risky. You are either fine with this achievement happening at some point in the future or possibly never or you try to get it and lose a lot of league games along the way.

(08-27-2012 08:39 AM)RandyDogz Wrote:  Win a league game 10 times in a row
What's the easiest way to get this achievement? Lose a lot of games, get demoted to Fluffy League (or purposefully botch your placement matches to start in Fluffy League) and steamroll a lot of noobs after which you can work your way up the ladder again.
Getting this achievement in Master or Super-Titan League is really really tough.

(08-27-2012 08:39 AM)RandyDogz Wrote:  [...] And stuff to force people out of routines, ie try new stuff. Tangible goals to work towards, other than accumulating fun points and hoping for (dreading) league promotions (demotions).
Are you willing to risk a league demotion to earn achievements? Because that will inevitably happen once you introduce secondary goals into the gameplay. What's more important to you? Winning or getting that last achievement?

For the sake of completeness there should also be mention of a different achievement design: the inevitable but boring kind:
  • Win 10/100/1,000/10,000 league games.
  • Spend 100/1,000/10,000/100,000 Wits in league games. Although, this one could actually incentivize prolonging games again.
  • Inflict 100/1,000/10,000/100,000 points of damage in league games. This one also has the potential to prolong games to inflict more damage.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user