Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
Outwitters, Analysis, and You - Post #2!
09-01-2012, 05:45 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 05:52 AM by GreatGonzales.)
RE: Outwitters, Analysis, and You!
Hey Nathan, I don't know if this has been brought up yet (I scanned the thread and did not notice..) but I think you missed a pretty important resource that needs to be managed, namely the number of unit spawns per turn. Maybe this was covered by mentioning the number of spawns on a given map, but I think it's important to look at these on a per-turn basis. In a lot of my games, I find myself trying to overwhelm my opponent by getting an insurmountable lead in unit count because I know a) how many units my opponent currently has, b) how many I can destroy on this turn (usually by stockpiling wits), and c) how many units my opponent will be able to create per turn (1-2). Generally this strategy works best on maps with only 1 spawn for obvious reasons.

Anyway, maybe you covered this aspect already, but I wanted to throw it out there in case it was overlooked.
I'll also add that I agree that Outwitters is a very deep game. I somehow made it to the top 100 player list, but I still feel like I have a ton to learn. Many of my moves I'm like..."well...let's do this I guess? Seems like a good idea. Suuuure let's do it and see how it goes."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Outwitters, Analysis, and You! - swimj - 08-29-2012, 01:40 AM
RE: Outwitters, Analysis, and You! - GreatGonzales - 09-01-2012 05:45 AM