Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
Outwitters, Analysis, and You - Post #2!
08-23-2012, 12:26 PM
RE: Outwitters, Analysis, and You!
(08-23-2012 08:28 AM)NathanDetr0it Wrote:  One of the things I'm really hoping this will be useful for is to spur commentary forward, which I'm super-interested in. With most great games I reach a tipping point somewhere where observing the metagame is just as enjoyable as playing the game itself (hey, i'm weird, OK?) and I can sense the rising of the metagame tide already with Outwitters.

I enjoy this kind of discussion, too, and I can definitely see the metagame aspects of Outwitters growing more and more.

The gameplay against my usual opponents has gotten to where we can always count on the other doing the "clever really good move" that's the one way to counter something, but since we now avoid doing the move we know the other will know how to counter, people are occasionally doing the move they know the other knows they know they can counter, so they do the counterable move because they know they'll think they'll only do that move because they know they know they know they'll only do that move if....

Ok, I'm sure I messed up that train of thought somewhere, but you get what I mean. It can get very much like the iocaine powder logic circle.

Another example: in another thread someone said you can assume someone has zeroed out their wit reserve if they move a unit adjacent to one of yours without attacking, or fail to retreat someone in danger because other moves need to be done. Sound advice, but I would not at all be surprised to see one of my usually opponents do a sacrificial fake out move, making me think they have no wit reserves, just because they know I'm counting and they want to bluff me into doing something dumb.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Outwitters, Analysis, and You! - wonderpug - 08-23-2012 12:26 PM
RE: Outwitters, Analysis, and You! - swimj - 08-29-2012, 01:40 AM