Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 v 2 tips
08-22-2012, 06:30 AM
2 v 2 tips
I see there is a thread for beginners and for advanced moves, but not one dedicated to 2 v 2. I feel that both myself and my partner have lots of holes in our 2 v 2 game. We are in clever league, but independently we are solid gifted/low level masters....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2012, 07:41 AM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2012 02:13 AM by NathanDetr0it.)
RE: 2 v 2 tips
There are a few big things to keep in mind. I recently wrote a list of proverbs for 1v1 play— I'll take a stab at some observations from 2v2 experience.

* Communicate.

* Know the Turn Order.

* Turn Order, Turn Order, Turn Order.

* Turn Order.

* When the time comes to attack, always attack together unless you are performing shenanigans.

* Don't perform shenanigans.

* When the time comes to attack, attack the base of the opponent that moves directly before you; this opponent does not get the chance to respond to your attack until after your ally also gets to move.

* When the time comes to attack, attack the units, spawn, and wit spaces of the player that is going to move directly after you; these units and resources are the ones that will have the chance to respond before your ally moves.

* Using your turns to clear the way for your ally to attack is called a Can Opener. Use Can Openers.

* Medics can heal friendly units.

* Mobis can teleport allied units.

* Mobis can teleport deployed friendly bombshells.

* Don't step on your teammate's wit space; it will go grey.

* Do step on your teammate's wit space; one player with 7 wits and one with 5 may be better than two with 6.
08-22-2012, 08:00 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2012 08:03 AM by myninja527.)
thanks dude, very good start to this thread, one glaring hole in my game that you pointed out was attacking the base of the person that moved directly before you. Especially for teams without proper communication, that is gonna end it right there. Granted I doubt many teams that are gifted and above aren't going to communicate.
08-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Yes, #1 thing to know is the turn order. It lets you know who to attack so that when they go, they have a harder time counter-attacking. Also coordinate your moves with your partner. If ALL of those suggestions don't seem to work, then maybe try and find a more reliable partner in the forums.

Masters again finally Master League

Member of the Wolfpack clan.
08-22-2012, 11:49 AM
I really like numbers 2, 3, 4, and 6 of NathanDetr0it's comment... I personally need to focus on #6 and #7

———————————
Why is the rum gone?
08-22-2012, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2012 12:10 PM by worldfamous.)
It sort of goes with attacking together, but I would add: Don't attack until you have reinforcements behind your attacking units. You always need to remember that 2 opponents will have the opportunity to counter and can often easily wipe your attack out. That's ok and to be expected, as long as you have reinforcements to follow up with. If not, it's back to the drawing board as your opponent marches. Bottom line for 2v2, communication and turn order. If you have those 2 in place, the rest will come to you. Oh and it doesn't hurt to know the maps and choose the appropriate teams (I.e. Bombshell and Mobi on Blitz Beach...IMO)
I also keep each side balanced, or at least have a 1 or 2 units from each team on both sides. If both you and your partner are on the side where an offensive is mounted, you have 12+ wits to defend instead of just the 6+ you have. We've gotten into many jams because all of my troops are on the left and all of his are on the right, or worse, all mine high and all his low on Candyland or whatever that map is called.
08-22-2012, 12:54 PM
(08-22-2012 12:04 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  It sort of goes with attacking together, but I would add: Don't attack until you have reinforcements behind your attacking units. You always need to remember that 2 opponents will have the opportunity to counter and can often easily wipe your attack out. That's ok and to be expected, as long as you have reinforcements to follow up with. If not, it's back to the drawing board as your opponent marches. Bottom line for 2v2, communication and turn order. If you have those 2 in place, the rest will come to you. Oh and it doesn't hurt to know the maps and choose the appropriate teams (I.e. Bombshell and Mobi on Blitz Beach...IMO)
I also keep each side balanced, or at least have a 1 or 2 units from each team on both sides. If both you and your partner are on the side where an offensive is mounted, you have 12+ wits to defend instead of just the 6+ you have. We've gotten into many jams because all of my troops are on the left and all of his are on the right, or worse, all mine high and all his low on Candyland or whatever that map is called.

I agree whole-heartedly. Communication is the key to success, it overrides the 1v1 skill level as I have stated in the 2v2 replay thread (which all should check out btw if you're looking for ideas and openers and general strategy on each map Big Grin). Move order is also super important the one Nathan said about the attacking the units of the enemy whose has the next turn is ultra important. Also you don't have to kill off all the attacking units and let ur partner help u out in fending off an attacker that doesn't move next (as demonstrated in various 2v2 replays which the enemy charges us, especially on Candy Core Mine where they charge down the side with their heavy soldier(s) and runner(s)).
tl;dr communication overrides individual skill, check out 2v2 replay thread for tips, ur partner can help fend off the attacker who doesn't move after u meaning u don't have to take care of all the troops

iPro Clan