Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outwitters en Français - For French Fan
12-03-2013, 03:29 AM
RE: Outwitters en Français - For French Fan
Bonjour, je m'appelle fluffysox. Mon coleur prefere c'est vert. Je deteste mon college. Je joue outwitters avec mes copains.

How was it?
I'm guessing puedo il el bano is actually Spanish? That's what I can remember anyway...

Game center ID: FurrySox

Gifted League 1v1
Master League 2v2 w/ Syvan

Feel free to invite me to a friendly 2v2 vs me and Syvan, or me as your ally!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2013, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 04:01 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
(12-03-2013 03:29 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Bonjour, je m'appelle fluffysox. Mon coleur prefere c'est vert. Je deteste mon college. Je joue outwitters avec mes copains.

How was it?
I'm guessing puedo il el bano is actually Spanish? That's what I can remember anyway...

"couleur" is a female gender, so you have to say "ma" instead of "mon". And you also have to add a "le" before "vert"! Smile

And if we want to pay attention to details, you'd have to say "est" and not "c'est", because the " c' " refers to the "ma couleur préféré", so it's like a repetition. Tongue

Deteste should be written déteste, and college should be written collège.

And you have to say "je joue à outwitters".

As I'm explaining these tiny but crucial stuff to you, I'm realizing french is way more complicated and annoying than english. It seems nothing, and you'd still be understood but those little mistakes you made are souding huge Big Grin

You're learning french at school?

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
12-03-2013, 04:05 AM
I would like to participate in your conversation but....
http://youtu.be/MtsnChpYtlw
Wink

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
12-03-2013, 04:19 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 04:22 AM by Jamay235.)
(12-03-2013 03:29 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Bonjour, je m'appelle fluffysox. Mon coleur prefere c'est vert. Je deteste mon college. Je joue outwitters avec mes copains.

How was it?

Because I'm in Canada, we hear a lot of Anglophones speaking with those little mistakes as there are no gender for "things" in English. We are used to it here and it's really understandable. Nice job!

Yes lol, the second sentence is in Spanish. It would be : "¿Puedo ir al baño?". Like French, there are gender too in Spanish :-).

Mag!c is right. It can be hard learning a latin base language when you speak English, especially French. Right also with those corrections, though I think the "c'est" thing would be for a more advanced class of French Wink. You get confused when there are too many things to learn at the same time lol.

Cool Mag!c, we are officially three :-).

(12-03-2013 04:05 AM)=) Random Task (= Wrote:  I would like to participate in your conversation but....
Wink

Hahaha too funny. But you're not American^^? Are you?

GC: Jamay235 Gifted League
GC: **MissMarvel** Gifted League

****Rêver est peut-être la chose la plus nécessaire qui soit****
12-03-2013, 04:24 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 04:27 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
Yeah you're right it's so hard for english speking peopleto learn french.. Only these gender rules are annoying, and there are many other that don't exist in english.. Tongue

Talking about gender, you should say "ma couleur préférée", the very finale "e" is here because, again, couleur is female Angel yeah, definitely, french isn't made to be friendly.

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

12-03-2013, 04:40 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 04:45 AM by =) Random Task (=.)
(12-03-2013 04:19 AM)Jamay235 Wrote:  
(12-03-2013 04:05 AM)=) Random Task (= Wrote:  I would like to participate in your conversation but....
Wink

Hahaha too funny. But you're not American^^? Are you?

No, I am from Austria (Europe) and my mother tongue is German. So i am doomed to an accent that sounds terrible in any languange, very much unlike you lucky french speakers... Smile

I actually attempted to learn French in School many many years ago when
I was 16.... At that time I believe my hormones destroyed all hope as while I dreamed of my french teacher during the lessons and thereafter, she did not manage to get me concentrated on learning that language Wink hahahaha.

But since then french still sounds like music in my ears....

12-03-2013, 04:47 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 04:48 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
I don't even see how french accent can be considered as cool, compared to english, spanish and italian ones, though all foreigners I'm talking with tell me they find it lovely... ^^'

And lol, thanksfully no english teacher in my highschool could make me dream of them.. Big Grin

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

12-03-2013, 04:57 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 04:59 AM by =) Random Task (=.)
(12-03-2013 04:47 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  I don't even see how french accent can be considered as cool, compared to english, spanish and italian ones, though all foreigners I'm talking with tell me they find it lovely... ^^'

And lol, thanksfully no english teacher in my highschool could make me dream of them.. Big Grin

It definitely sounds lovely in German and i was astonished by the reaction of new yorkers to the accent of a french girlfriend with whom i spent a week in NYC as a student... Everyone appeared to be "melting"....Smile.....So it looks like the magic you are doing to languages works in English too Big Grin

12-03-2013, 06:30 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 06:33 AM by Jamay235.)
(12-03-2013 04:40 AM)=) Random Task (= Wrote:  No, I am from Austria (Europe) and my mother tongue is German. So i am doomed to an accent that sounds terrible in any languange, very much unlike you lucky french speakers... Smile

I actually attempted to learn French in School many many years ago when
I was 16.... At that time I believe my hormones destroyed all hope as while I dreamed of my french teacher during the lessons and thereafter, she did not manage to get me concentrated on learning that language Wink hahahaha.

But since then french still sounds like music in my ears....

Lol it happened the same to me with my Italian teacher. It was so beautiful listen to him talking. But my reaction was the opposite, it motivated me to learn faster Wink

(12-03-2013 04:47 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  I don't even see how french accent can be considered as cool, compared to english, spanish and italian ones, though all foreigners I'm talking with tell me they find it lovely... ^^'

Well I think all languages have their melting thing^^. French sounds elegant, English sounds friendly and open-minded, Spanish is like a song and Italian, well, is so romantic Tongue

GC: Jamay235 Gifted League
GC: **MissMarvel** Gifted League

****Rêver est peut-être la chose la plus nécessaire qui soit****
12-03-2013, 07:56 AM
I have dualingo and i tried the french one last night. Im stuck at level one haha.
Im level two in german. But i skip the spelling ones because the words are so long

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…