Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upping game limit
08-15-2012, 02:20 AM
Upping game limit
Ive seen some talk about this. Are there any plans do up the limit soon? I have so many games were my opponent only responds once or twice in a day that my queue is constantly full. Occasionally ill play against someone who responds quick, but eventually those spots get filled by someone who is less active. Additionally I have about 5 spots where the games have been inactive for 3-8 days...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2012, 07:23 AM
RE: Upping game limit
Got you covered. We'll be doing something about the game limit in the patch update, which is due out around the end of this month.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-15-2012, 12:05 PM
(08-15-2012 07:23 AM)oneadamleft Wrote:  Got you covered. We'll be doing something about the game limit in the patch update, which is due out around the end of this month.
Thank you. Glad to hear it. Any plans to randomize first turn?
08-15-2012, 11:30 PM
PLease don't up the limit without addressing FTA somehow. I would hate to see someone pre queue 30 FTA games. Imagine how P2 feels having to start second 30 games in a row.
08-16-2012, 06:24 PM
(08-15-2012 07:23 AM)oneadamleft Wrote:  Got you covered. We'll be doing something about the game limit in the patch update, which is due out around the end of this month.

slow player are the biggest problem for most of us. If you play 20 games parallel and 10 games are "on hold", because the last turn of those opponents are 2-4 days old, then you can only play in the other 10 games in a "fast way".

So, can you implement something like :

-) games-limit is 20 "fast" games. That means, if you have games, where the opponent didn't play since 2, 3 or 4 days (called "slow player"), then those games didn't count.

Example: You play 18 games parallel, 4 of them against "slow players". Now you are allowed to open 6 new games, because 24-4 == limit of 20

In my opinion it is more important to do something against "slow players" or "dead games", like described above, than to increase the number of games you can play parallel.
08-16-2012, 07:06 PM
(08-16-2012 06:24 PM)MagElf Wrote:  

slow player are the biggest problem for most of us. If you play 20 games parallel and 10 games are "on hold", because the last turn of those opponents are 2-4 days old, then you can only play in the other 10 games in a "fast way".

So, can you implement something like :

-) games-limit is 20 "fast" games. That means, if you have games, where the opponent didn't play since 2, 3 or 4 days (called "slow player"), then those games didn't count.

Example: You play 18 games parallel, 4 of them against "slow players". Now you are allowed to open 6 new games, because 24-4 == limit of 20

In my opinion it is more important to do something against "slow players" or "dead games", like described above, than to increase the number of games you can play parallel.

This just seems overly complicated for no reason lol. Then what if you're at 24 games but one of these "slow" players makes a move? That's what the 4 day game timer is for :X

The two prior posts are very good points though. It seems randomizing who gets to be P1 would be the simplest short term solution available until an actual solution to the FTA comes out. As nivra says, upping the game limit now will just let whoever gets on there first queue up 20 extra FTA games.
08-16-2012, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2012 09:46 PM by MagElf.)
(08-16-2012 07:06 PM)awpertunity Wrote:  This just seems overly complicated for no reason lol. Then what if you're at 24 games but one of these "slow" players makes a move? That's what the 4 day game timer is for :X

My example is only for solving one problem :

If two good players wants to earn points, then they have to play "fast", so that they can win more games / day.

If those two players (called A and B) play and e.g. A plays against 15 fast and 5 slow players, then player A can win very much points / day
If the other player B plays against 5 fast and 15 slow player, then he wins far fewer points / day.

And this problem can be solved with the technique I explained two posts ago.

If two good player play 20 parallel "fast" games + some "slow" games, then they win nearly the same points / day. And this is, what I want :-) !
08-16-2012, 11:15 PM
(08-16-2012 09:45 PM)MagElf Wrote:  If two good players wants to earn points, then they have to play "fast", so that they can win more games / day.
This is a problem with the point system and not with player speed.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
08-16-2012, 11:37 PM
(08-16-2012 11:15 PM)Eijolend Wrote:  
(08-16-2012 09:45 PM)MagElf Wrote:  If two good players wants to earn points, then they have to play "fast", so that they can win more games / day.
This is a problem with the point system and not with player speed.

No, definitely No !

If player A is able to win 50 games in a week and player B only 20 games in a week, then it is a speed problem, because player A was able to play much more games, because his opponents were faster than the player B opponents.
08-16-2012, 11:44 PM
(08-15-2012 11:30 PM)nivra0 Wrote:  PLease don't up the limit without addressing FTA somehow. I would hate to see someone pre queue 30 FTA games. Imagine how P2 feels having to start second 30 games in a row.

This!

We hate playing the same opponent in 20+ games as P2. Pls find a solution before increasing the limit.