Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report on Cheating in games
08-25-2012, 02:35 AM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2012 02:37 AM by jaesonwu.)
RE: Report on Cheating in games
I've completely given up league play. Sticking to friendlies with people I know so I don't have to worry about cheating. It's disappointing though as league was a major selling point of Outwitters for me. Hope the devs are working on a Warden like system (like SC2) instead of fighting a losing battle by just banning individual hackers who are mentioned in a forum post. It's better than nothing but won't help much in the long run unfortunately =(
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2012, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2012 08:32 PM by MarkH.)
(08-24-2012 04:56 PM)Lutherj Wrote:  Yeah I get what you're saying, in part I was trying to point out that the des are actually doing something about it. It's not as if they are silently sitting on high laughing at people being cheated. Your first post sounded as though you thought no action had been taken at all.

TBH I've not seen alot of actions by the devs at this point in time to prevent cheating. The cheating issue was brought up here in the forums a long time ago. Since then not even an offical annoncement if/when they are going to systematically address this problem (maybe I missed some burried forum posts but at least no offical "news" item has been generated). Banning a couple of guys due to some forum posts is not going to solve this at all and constantly leaves an uncomfortable feeling for the not-cheating player.

I'd love seeing an expedited update just to prevent the cheating issue. If a solution takes longer to developer for whatever reasons, then an info about that would be nice. At least some kind of announcement that a better cheating prevention systems is in the works and has top priority would be soothing...

Don't get me wrong. I think the game is awesome and the devs did an outstanding job with it. But the cheating problem could be better addressed or at least a better communication when to expect a fix would be appreciated.
08-26-2012, 12:46 AM
(08-24-2012 03:32 PM)LOW100 Wrote:  I just encountered a cheater. Very subtle though, only boosted his Wits by 1 or 2 per turn. Cheater is brandonyaw. Game link is here:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YiLuTAQw

Have you tried counting his wits? It's not really cool to call somebody a cheater just because you can't count...

He lost, fair and square!
08-26-2012, 02:37 AM
(08-24-2012 03:32 PM)LOW100 Wrote:  I just encountered a cheater. Very subtle though, only boosted his Wits by 1 or 2 per turn. Cheater is brandonyaw. Game link is here:

After reading Gustahls resonse, I did count every one of brandonyaw's turns and came to the same conclusion: brandonyaw didn't cheat. The OSN Browser Replay does some mistakes with the wit count in this game but counting manually reveals that there was no foul play involved.

On a different, but not unrelated topic: if brandonyaw really was cheating, do you think he would have lost?

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-26-2012, 06:15 AM
Some people who are making accusations of cheating are just being babies. I've been accused of cheating just because of a quick won before. Additionally I was accused of cheating because of using my mobi for a hit and run haha
08-28-2012, 12:08 AM
Anyone that beats me is obviously cheating. Chuck Norris devises all of his strategies based on my Outwitters replays.
09-03-2012, 05:05 PM

This is really disheartening. Completely lost my passion for the game now. Has there been any response from the developers saying that they are going to fix this? Given that its server based, it seems like the server should easily be able to check that the Wit totals are correct for each move.

Can you tell me which turn he cheated? Remember that you can save wits for use on a future turn, and that you get a bonus wit point for each space you capture.
09-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Hey do you know what would be the scarriest cheat. If you can hack it and get FULL MAP VISION. I think if I got the full map vision, I would win every game, and this cheat will be undetectable. I hope devs are aware of this problem and solve it or else it will be sadly for us
09-03-2012, 11:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2012 11:09 PM by Necrocat219.)
I would feel like the opponent would always be one step ahead and unbeatable

On a positive note, I've never encounted a cheater, or been aware of it. I live in the UK if that helps

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
09-05-2012, 09:43 AM
(09-03-2012 11:09 PM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  I would feel like the opponent would always be one step ahead and unbeatable

On a positive note, I've never encounted a cheater, or been aware of it. I live in the UK if that helps
I have the same concern. The confessed cheater implied that he hacked more than just the wits. I would imagine that lifting the fog was one of those hacks.