Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report on Cheating in games
10-23-2012, 12:49 PM
RE: Report on Cheating in games
I am currently in a game where I was falsely accused of cheating because I knew he was going to attack and banked my wits! It's been 3 days since he has played me back, so I don't know if he is going to let the game time out or take slow turns!

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2012, 03:28 PM
I recently accused a player of blatant cheating (via chat). Turned out that despite playing about 100 games, I hadn't twigged that you only have to CAPTURE the bonus square, not SIT on it, to get the bonus. Very embarrassing. Two saving graces. Firstly, it dawned on me to check this and I got to apologise before he read the chat. Secondly, I'm winning more games now I don't sit idly on the bonus square! Next time I'll get advice from all of you before making an accusation. I Am I the only dumb one who misread this rule?
10-23-2012, 03:47 PM
It is good practice to sit a guy on the bonus square usually so it's all good
10-23-2012, 04:13 PM
(10-23-2012 12:49 PM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  I am currently in a game where I was falsely accused of cheating because I knew he was going to attack and banked my wits! It's been 3 days since he has played me back, so I don't know if he is going to let the game time out or take slow turns!

It's a bummer that they haven't dealt with the cheating. You can't really blame people for questioning things until they do, especially when it seems like wit abuse. Hopefully the next patch will address the cheating issue.
10-23-2012, 06:36 PM
(10-23-2012 03:28 PM)TheGiantGirl Wrote:  I recently accused a player of blatant cheating (via chat). Turned out that despite playing about 100 games, I hadn't twigged that you only have to CAPTURE the bonus square, not SIT on it, to get the bonus. Very embarrassing. Two saving graces. Firstly, it dawned on me to check this and I got to apologise before he read the chat. Secondly, I'm winning more games now I don't sit idly on the bonus square! Next time I'll get advice from all of you before making an accusation. Am I the only dumb one who misread this rule?

no youre not the only one Smile
(im not saying i did) Tongue

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
10-25-2012, 03:18 AM
(10-23-2012 12:20 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(10-23-2012 03:15 AM)W1cked21 Wrote:  ... Lol, indeed I didn't think about it --' I was so shocked by these two moves that I directly thought of a cheating :/ sry for at useless post then.
No worries. I'll take the free win. Big Grin. Would have been an interesting game.

Yeah, I was trying a new strategy!!! We have another game on the same map, so it´s not a real problem Tongue

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
10-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Cheating in Machination?
I'm currently starting a 2v2 game in Machination. Green went first and captured the lower left bonus square. I am orange, went second, and, after using a runner to capture the lower right bonus square, saw that Green has a medic-aided soldier - 4 health, not the usual 3 - sitting on his lower left bonus square. How is this possible? Bug or cheating? (Or am I missing something?)

He starts with 5 wits, uses 3 to create the medic, 1 to move the medic next to the soldier, 1 to heal the soldier, and 1 to move the solider to the bonus square. 6. Is there any way this could happen?
10-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Medic costs 2
10-25-2012, 10:21 PM
So much for my math! : )
10-28-2012, 04:12 PM
Report on Cheating in games
Good evening.
I've been paying Outwitters for a while now and never had an issue nor a game that made me think someone might be cheating until now.
It could just be me, but I found it very strange how many soldiers my opponent was able to acquire in such a short time frame.
Someone pleas review this game reply link and give me some fresh eyes on this game.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YhpbkAQw

Thanks in advance.
Thomas