Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report on Cheating in games
08-21-2012, 03:27 AM
RE: Report on Cheating in games
Yeah... I also am in a game with the banana guy and he bombshell Ed my shark on turn 2...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2012, 05:16 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2012 05:17 AM by CheezyBob.)
(08-20-2012 07:14 AM)getuliojr Wrote:  I would like to report a cheater so he can be banned.

Thebananadaddy

On first round he had captures wits shark buffed and bombshell placed and transformed.

Check Him and banned. Camila Gomes santos is my login IN the game.

Exact same story for me (same user), on turn 1 he had a bombshell and had moved some other units too.

Hey devs, any word on banning these people?

Personally, I plan to wait 3 days before each of my turns with him and hopefully he gets banned and cannot play before he beats me.
08-21-2012, 07:24 AM
bananadaddy and d1nzz have been banned.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
08-21-2012, 11:54 PM
(08-19-2012 09:19 AM)SymmetricInDesign Wrote:  Devs don't want my help then oh well Big Grin

If you just offered help we'd gladly hear you out. It's your demanding we delete this thread that we weren't so into.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-22-2012, 04:33 AM
(08-21-2012 07:24 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  bananadaddy and d1nzz have been banned.

Thank you! Now if only there were a better way to report real cheaters like this....but this is a great way to start.
08-23-2012, 01:38 AM
I'm really annoyed by the possibility of cheating in Outwitters. Leaves me with a bad feeling and in one of my current games I have a clear suspicion. But I will wait until the end, watch the replay and count wits.
A quick google search showed me that there is even a tool to make hacking outwitters easy. I did not download it so I obviously I don't know if it works as advertised. But I really hope that the developers are aware of it and will be able to fix this as soon as possible.
It's good that cheaters will be banned but it can be very hard to detect them if they don't overdo it and just give themselves a few extra wits here and there.
08-23-2012, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2012 09:21 AM by MarkH.)
(08-21-2012 05:16 AM)CheezyBob Wrote:  Hey devs, any word on banning these people?

Banning is good fast fix for now but will not solve the problem. There are probably a lot more people that apply cheats in a more subtly way.

@devs: will you address this issue with the forthcoming update? It's the biggest issue with Outwitters IMO and should be taken care of immediately.
08-23-2012, 09:52 AM
(08-23-2012 09:20 AM)MarkH Wrote:  @devs: will you address this issue with the forthcoming update? It's the biggest issue with Outwitters

I've yet to play a cheater (unless I'm being too hard on myself regarding my many losses :P)

Just sayin' Kudos to the devs for keeping my experience cheater-free; I'd much rather the whole insta-crash business remain the focus of developmental brain cycles.

Improving the experience for the masses has to outrank policing the marginal abusers. Almost like there's a corollary to a real-life problem here...

Visit Outwitters, Analysis, and You! — an epic thread of Resource, Unit, and Map Analysis!
08-24-2012, 04:05 PM
(08-24-2012 03:32 PM)LOW100 Wrote:  I just encountered a cheater. Very subtle though, only boosted his Wits by 1 or 2 per turn. Cheater is brandonyaw. Game link is here:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YiLuTAQw

This is really disheartening. Completely lost my passion for the game now. Has there been any response from the developers saying that they are going to fix this? Given that its server based, it seems like the server should easily be able to check that the Wit totals are correct for each move.

They've banned some cheaters already, have posted on the news section for people to watch out and report, and imagine they have some fix in the update. Really though, one cheater is hardly enough to "lose your passion" over. Maybe it was only a mild interest to begin with? Tongue
08-24-2012, 04:56 PM
(08-24-2012 04:11 PM)LOW100 Wrote:  Perhaps you misunderstand. Its like seeing a roach in your kitchen. If you see one, you can be sure there are many more you haven't seen. If this guy had been a little less aggressive he would never have been caught. If you just add one extra wit or two a game, how would anyone ever know? I am not naive enough to expect I ran into the only cheater on Outwitters. Knowing there are many, is disheartening. I have felt cheated before but never bothered to check the games until this week after their announcement. I don't want to pour a lot of work into a game where everyone else can get an advantage. I'll back off and see if they fix it in a patch.

(08-24-2012 04:05 PM)Lutherj Wrote:  They've banned some cheaters already, have posted on the news section for people to watch out and report, and imagine they have some fix in the update. Really though, one cheater is hardly enough to "lose your passion" over. Maybe it was only a mild interest to begin with? Tongue

Yeah I get what you're saying, in part I was trying to point out that the des are actually doing something about it. It's not as if they are silently sitting on high laughing at people being cheated. Your first post sounded as though you thought no action had been taken at all.