Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report on Cheating in games
08-18-2012, 08:47 AM
RE: Report on Cheating in games
I wonder if OML can just put in some kind of auto-ban or auto loss for a player if their wits go under 0 or over some insane threshold like 50. I'm sure there will be new ways to cheat the system if this change were made but something has to be done. You can never stop hackers from hacking, but if you implement harsh punishments you can keep leechers who use those hacks to a minimum.

On a side note, can OML block devices from Outwitters or just accounts? If it's only the latter then that's a bit worrying. The main problem I see is that even in SC2 where a new account is $60 you still have plenty of people willing to risk it with some people even paying $60 for the premier maphacks... In a free game like Outwitters, well there isn't really anything on the line besides having to make a new account.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2012, 04:18 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2012 04:19 AM by SymmetricInDesign.)
Thing is, any hacker could easily get past both an account and device ban. I tried speaking with the devs to them no longer replying. I'm surprised this player figured out how to do it.

Wait until the kid finds out he can do more then just wit hacks.
08-19-2012, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2012 09:13 AM by jaesonwu.)
(08-19-2012 04:18 AM)SymmetricInDesign Wrote:  Thing is, any hacker could easily get past both an account and device ban. I tried speaking with the devs to them no longer replying. I'm surprised this player figured out how to do it.

Actually the point is most of these guys aren't hackers. Just leechers. You shouldn't be "surprised this player figured out how to do it" because anyone can use hacks. It's easy to get access to these hacks if you know where to look. The majority of the people using wit hacks or hacking other iOS games for that matter don't know a single line of code. If a device ban is implemented then all these leechers will be clueless as to how to get around it. The question is, will the workaround to get passed a ban be as easy to leech from hackers as the hacks themselves?

In online games a realistic goal for a dev almost never be to stop hacking entirely, simply to minimize hacking. One such way is to make hacking more inconvenient so only the most determined individuals will do it.

EDIT: And for the record (I just read your other posts since I was curious why you have negative rep), it is highly probable that either you are

1. Lying about making the hacks <-- Most likely
2. Lying about not spreading the hacks if you actually did find the exploit yourself (the wit hack is used by many)

Of course it's 'possible' that you made the exploit yourself and then didn't share it, but someone else also discovered it and released it. But it's far more likely you just want to pretend. ^^

Among other things, the fact that you completely disregarded the possibility the cheater you referred to could be a leecher makes your claim to be a hacker all the more suspect. If you really are a hacker then I guess you're just out of touch with the hacking community where leechers run rampant often to the annoyance of the people who actually write the code.

Either way it's irrelevant. As I said, finding these hacks are easy, I'm sure Adam and Alex know where to look anyway so your help isn't needed (and if they don't know I'd be glad to tell them).
08-19-2012, 09:19 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2012 09:22 AM by SymmetricInDesign.)
Rainbow RE: Report on Cheating in games
(08-19-2012 08:52 AM)jaesonwu Wrote:  
(08-19-2012 04:18 AM)SymmetricInDesign Wrote:  Thing is, any hacker could easily get past both an account and device ban. I tried speaking with the devs to them no longer replying. I'm surprised this player figured out how to do it.

Actually the point is most of these guys aren't hackers. Just leechers. You shouldn't be "surprised this player figured out how to do it" because anyone can use hacks. It's easy to get access to these hacks if you know where to look. The majority of the people using wit hacks or hacking other iOS games for that matter don't know a single line of code. If a device ban is implemented then all these leechers will be clueless as to how to get around it. The question is, will the workaround to get passed a ban be as easy to leech from hackers as the hacks themselves?

In online games a realistic goal for a dev almost never be to stop hacking entirely, simply to minimize hacking. One such way is to make hacking more inconvenient so only the most determined individuals will do it.

EDIT: And for the record (I just read your other posts since I was curious why you have negative rep), it is highly probable that either you are

2. Lying about not spreading the hacks if you actually did find the exploit yourself (the wit hack is used by many)

Of course it's 'possible' that you made the exploit yourself and then didn't share it, but someone else also discovered it and released it. But it's far more likely you just want to pretend. ^^

Among other things, the fact that you completely disregarded the possibility the cheater you referred to could be a leecher makes your claim to be a hacker all the more suspect. If you really are a hacker then I guess you're just out of touch with the hacking community where leechers run rampant often to the annoyance of the people who actually write the code.

Either way it's irrelevant. As I said, finding these hacks are easy, I'm sure Adam and Alex know where to look anyway so your help isn't needed (and if they don't know I'd be glad to tell them).

Tldr.

Devs don't want my help then oh well Big Grin
08-19-2012, 09:47 AM
(08-19-2012 09:19 AM)SymmetricInDesign Wrote:  Tldr.

trololo. The devs are smart enough to know you can't help because you don't know the slightest thing about hacking Big Grin

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
08-19-2012, 07:15 PM
(08-19-2012 09:19 AM)SymmetricInDesign Wrote:  
(08-19-2012 08:52 AM)jaesonwu Wrote:  

Tldr.

Funny story, you did in fact read my post Wink

How do I know? Why don't you hack me and find out? 'ㅅ'ㅗ
08-20-2012, 03:12 AM
0/10 troll harder boys
08-20-2012, 07:10 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2012 07:12 AM by Ludo_06.)
Hi, same team of cheaters : outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y8OuBAQw

Thanks for banning ! Dn1zz
08-20-2012, 07:14 AM
I would like to report a cheater so he can be banned.

Thebananadaddy

On first round he had captures wits shark buffed and bombshell placed and transformed.

Check Him and banned. Camila Gomes santos is my login IN the game.
08-20-2012, 07:40 AM
(08-20-2012 07:14 AM)getuliojr Wrote:  I would like to report a cheater so he can be banned.

Thebananadaddy

On first round he had captures wits shark buffed and bombshell placed and transformed.

Check Him and banned. Camila Gomes santos is my login IN the game.

I just started a game with this clown and he has a bombshell deployed at my base! It is clearly a cheat since I have yet to take a turn. I may stop playing this game all together since this is a possibility. That and the fact that I have to play the same 3 guys five games each.