Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report on Cheating in games
08-15-2012, 09:47 PM
RE: Report on Cheating in games
So whats going now?
Why they haven't been banned yet (still see them in the league)?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2012, 12:20 AM
I don't get why the cheaters overdo it. It would be difficult to notice someone using 1 extra wit per turn but that would give them a unbeatable advantage over the course of the game.

No one is going to believe them when they spawn 2 bombshells, 3 turns into the game.

Or maybe there are people cheating and no one is noticing. Maybe the OSN replays will help because of the visible wit counts.
08-16-2012, 06:17 AM
(08-16-2012 12:20 AM)Sakiehl Wrote:  It would be difficult to notice someone using 1 extra wit per turn but that would give them a unbeatable advantage over the course of the game.

I'm now getting paranoid that people are doing exactly that. I just had an opponent do a devastating counter attack, spending at least 10 wits in a turn despite my having stolen one of his bonus wit spaces the turn prior. It's entirely possible and quite likely that he just had a bunch of wits he was saving for a superunit or something, but now I have to at least somewhat worry that he's cheating.

It kind of makes me want to take a break from the game until the next patch comes, which hopefully will address some of these exploits.
08-16-2012, 07:39 AM
(08-16-2012 06:17 AM)wonderpug Wrote:  
(08-16-2012 12:20 AM)Sakiehl Wrote:  It would be difficult to notice someone using 1 extra wit per turn but that would give them a unbeatable advantage over the course of the game.

I'm now getting paranoid that people are doing exactly that. I just had an opponent do a devastating counter attack, spending at least 10 wits in a turn despite my having stolen one of his bonus wit spaces the turn prior. It's entirely possible and quite likely that he just had a bunch of wits he was saving for a superunit or something, but now I have to at least somewhat worry that he's cheating.

It kind of makes me want to take a break from the game until the next patch comes, which hopefully will address some of these exploits.

I actually do that quite often. If I feel I am going to lose a wit space soon, I stock up extra wits precisely to negate the effect and respond with full force.
08-16-2012, 07:48 AM
Yeah, and the guy is a good player from other matches I've had with him. I just hate having that extra degree of uncertainty now.
08-16-2012, 06:13 PM
(08-16-2012 12:20 AM)Sakiehl Wrote:  I don't get why the cheaters overdo it. It would be difficult to notice someone using 1 extra wit per turn but that would give them a unbeatable advantage over the course of the game.

No one is going to believe them when they spawn 2 bombshells, 3 turns into the game.

Or maybe there are people cheating and no one is noticing. Maybe the OSN replays will help because of the visible wit counts.
Exactly~ And we need a mechanism which prevent such cheating (other then just pop the app out while review the replay)!
BTW, so far as I know, the players has not been banned yet~ What a shame~
08-17-2012, 05:39 AM
(08-16-2012 06:13 PM)Kolytih Wrote:  
(08-16-2012 12:20 AM)Sakiehl Wrote:  I don't get why the cheaters overdo it. It would be difficult to notice someone using 1 extra wit per turn but that would give them a unbeatable advantage over the course of the game.

Exactly~ And we need a mechanism which prevent such cheating (other then just pop the app out while review the replay)!
BTW, so far as I know, the players has not been banned yet~ What a shame~
I am also concerned that the players haven't been banned. Adam or Alex, if you are reading this, please update us on how you are handling the cheaters. Silence only makes our minds wander to dark places.
08-17-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm currently in a game with Cyrio who just moved his soldier up 3 spaces, attacked my heavy, then moved away 4 spaces, then again moved one space....all in one go.
08-17-2012, 05:17 PM
(08-17-2012 04:58 PM)Lutherj Wrote:  I'm currently in a game with Cyrio who just moved his soldier up 3 spaces, attacked my heavy, then moved away 4 spaces, then again moved one space....all in one go.

Checklist:
Is your opponent playing the Adoreables? (their super unit can cause the retreat)
Are you sure it was the same soldier he moved up one space again?

If unsure check the end of game replay to verify and if you still think your opponent is cheating post the replay here.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
08-17-2012, 05:23 PM
Ah your right, he was playing as adorables and was using the super. Thanks!