Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A probably stupid idea to remedy FTA
08-13-2012, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2012 01:07 AM by CombatEX.)
RE: A probably stupid idea to remedy FTA
Balance reasons aside (which others will probably bring up), I don't like it as a gameplay mechanic. It's the same reason I prefer Outwitters over Hero Academy. Both are good games but I prefer the minimized randomization of Outwitters to HA's unit randomness. Adding this kind of random element to Outwitters would be enough to make me stop playing. It would be like adding a die roll to chess at the beginning of each game which lets Black switch out a weaker piece for a stronger one based on the roll. It just goes against the basic idea of chess as a purely skill based game and the same is essentially true of Outwitters. Yes, FoW does bring in a little luck element, but you can always make calculated moves since you can predict your opponent's actions to a limited set of possibilities. Combined with good scouting, which top players should have, the 'luck' aspect is minimized and can be kept under control for the most part.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A probably stupid idea to remedy FTA - CombatEX - 08-13-2012 01:05 AM