Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Inappropriate Chat?
08-12-2012, 01:13 AM
Inappropriate Chat?
Hello... Wondering if there is anything to be done about players using the in-game chat inappropriately? I have a player who I was matched up against for several games who is making sexually inappropriate remarks, and just generally being a nasty individual. I know it may seem petty, but this type of behavior, in my opinion, is detrimental to the Outwitters community. Quite honestly, it makes the game less fun to play when I am being harassed each time I open the game. Any thoughts on this? Has anyone else experienced this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2012, 01:21 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2012 01:23 AM by Kamikaze28.)
RE: Inappropriate Chat?
There is a thread from way back where this topic has been brought up. To my knowledge, there is no immediate solution (like an ignore function). I would recommend ignoring the chat bubbles in games with that particular individual for now.

I agree with your opinion on the overall effect of inappropriate language on the community but the method for turning the entirety of the human race into compassionate and understanding beings has yet to be discovered.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2012, 01:31 AM
Thanks for the link to that thread. I understand that its not possible to make people be nice (I see the worst of humanity in my line of work, so I really do get this), BUT there should be some way to report these people. It really does detract from the fun of the game.
08-13-2012, 12:43 AM
Another sad keyboard warrior/troll. Do as Kamikaze suggests and ignore the chat. Sure as the game developers get around to the next update this will be addressed and you will be able to ignore.
08-13-2012, 07:24 AM
I'm sorry you had that experience; that's awful. All I can say is that not everyone is terrible in this game's community. In fact, the post-game chats I've had with the people I'm matched up with have been some of the most friendly and civil I've seen in any game community.

That's not to say that bad apples don't exist, or that your encounter is invalidated, but I hope you don't think it's going to be nothing but awful from here on out.
08-25-2012, 12:58 PM
I feel ya.
I hate those people who are just mean in a chat!!Angry
Or if they can't lose and then just randomly swear.
That keeps happening to me:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7942341/Screenshots/photo.png

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)