Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crashing? Reinstall
08-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Crashing? Reinstall
My experience following the crashing problem. After becoming completely annoyed I resorted to uninstalling and then reinstalling the app. Following the reinstall the game is faster to load, I'm able to open current games on 'my turn' where as before it would instantly crash.

The only problem so far is that games which were listed as 'my turn' can not be opened, a message opens "this game was started on another device, you will have to finish it there". Considering the annoyance of constant crashing has gone for now, defaulting a couple of games is a small price. I previously purchased the team pack which is still there, excellent Smile

Apologies to the three game players against me in those games.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2012, 02:34 PM
RE: Crashing? Reinstall
I don't know about the faster loading times, but reinstalling did nothing to stop my crashes yesterday. The change from crashes to the error message you describe happened for me at some point today, without any reinstallation involved. I'm guessing there was something done on their end to stop the crashes, but that reinstallation along the way is now causing the error message... Kinda frustrating.
08-11-2012, 05:19 PM
I've had no crashes since uninstall, reinstall. Much happier now !
08-12-2012, 03:49 AM
My game is now crashing on initial opening. It starts retrieving the games list and then it crashes.

Very frustrating,
08-12-2012, 10:45 AM
This is fixed for the next update. The server game list goes out momentarily (either because of bad connection or there is a maintenance window), and the game doesn't like it. As for getting locked out of your games. It should be fixed by now. If it does ever happen, shooting us an e-mail from our contact page we can usually resolve that pretty quickly.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
08-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Great news Adam. Yes the games I was locked out of can now be played. I've had two crashes today but that is nothing to the before reinstall experience. Keep up the good work.