Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bombshell glitch?
08-10-2012, 04:22 AM
Star Bombshell glitch?
The description for bombshell says "Bombshell can motar ANY space withing 3 spaces". I just build one and went in attack mode but the next turn I could only motar SOME spaces within 3 spaces. I can't shoot over a barrier. This doesn't make sense since it says ANY space and the sniper description make it clear that the sniper can't. Is this a glitch or poor wording in the bombshell description? Please help since it affects one of my current games.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2012, 04:45 AM
RE: Bombshell glitch?
Yes, the wording is a little poor. I think bombshell follows the same rules as sniper, except for its shrapnel ability.
08-10-2012, 05:25 AM
Wow, thanks for the help. Gotta say thats pretty dumb then since it costs way more. Now im in trouble in that games. Looks like I won't b playing this game for much longer...
08-10-2012, 04:46 PM
I agree, poor wording. Not to mention that a mortar, by nature, can shoot over objects. A mortar rains down on its target.
08-11-2012, 03:19 AM
Exactly. That is what the advantage sounded like.
08-11-2012, 03:56 AM
Yeah, that should be changed. Additionally you can't unpack it and move it after an attack. This doesnt make sense because you can do that with any other unit
08-11-2012, 04:19 AM
(08-11-2012 03:56 AM)connor3491 Wrote:  Yeah, that should be changed. Additionally you can't unpack it and move it after an attack. This doesnt make sense because you can do that with any other unit

I think that's a good thing. Or else the bombshell would be too good. Right now, when the shell faces a threatening attack (e.g. two soldiers 4 spaces away), you have to choose between retreating the shell or firing it, a choice which adds to the strategy of the game. Doing both would be too easy and make a shell even harder to kill than it already is.
08-11-2012, 04:39 AM
(08-11-2012 04:19 AM)swimj Wrote:  
(08-11-2012 03:56 AM)connor3491 Wrote:  Yeah, that should be changed. Additionally you can't unpack it and move it after an attack. This doesnt make sense because you can do that with any other unit

I think that's a good thing. Or else the bombshell would be too good. Right now, when the shell faces a threatening attack (e.g. two soldiers 4 spaces away), you have to choose between retreating the shell or firing it, a choice which adds to the strategy of the game. Doing both would be too easy and make a shell even harder to kill than it already is.

I agree with swim on that point. The bombshell is maddening enough as it is.
08-11-2012, 07:24 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2012 07:25 AM by connor3491.)
I don't know if I'm the only one who does this, but I've been 'accidently' deploying/undeploying my bombshells fairly often. It's too easy to accidently double tap it when I'm trying to attack with it or select. This is really frustrating because it wastes wits and attacks. Anyone else have this problem?
08-11-2012, 05:59 PM
(08-11-2012 07:24 AM)connor3491 Wrote:  I don't know if I'm the only one who does this, but I've been 'accidently' deploying/undeploying my bombshells fairly often. It's too easy to accidently double tap it when I'm trying to attack with it or select. This is really frustrating because it wastes wits and attacks. Anyone else have this problem?

Happens to me all the time Sad a real pain. Im trying not to play scally just because of that risk.