Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the same account be used on 2 iDevices?
08-09-2012, 05:57 AM
Can the same account be used on 2 iDevices?
Erm the case is that I`m on holiday right now and I foolishly dived into a pool with my ipod in my pocket. I shoved it into a ricejar when I got home and have yet to see if it will switch on ^^;

My question is could I use another iDevice registered to another account to play on my account? And also if I were to replace it and register it to the same Apple account, could I recover the account and my purchases?

Thank you very much for your time ^__^

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2012, 07:07 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2012 07:08 AM by Mr.Banger.)
RE: Can the same account be used on 2 iDevices?
First question. I think you can play on the same account as long as you log into your gamecenter account on the other iDevice.

Second question. Yes you could but you would have to repurchase the app but it wouldn't cost money but I think you have to repurchase the IAP
08-09-2012, 07:41 AM
(08-09-2012 07:07 AM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  First question. I think you can play on the same account as long as you log into your gamecenter account on the other iDevice.

Second question. Yes you could but you would have to repurchase the app but it wouldn't cost money but I think you have to repurchase the IAP

No, you do not need to repurchase for another device. If you log in with the same game center Id, then just go to store and hit restore purchases. You should have ha you bought on the iPod.
08-09-2012, 07:41 AM
Purchases are tied to your itunes account. If you set up the new ipod with the same account you will be able to restore the IAP for free

If you want to play on a different device in the meantime, I think you can log in to game center.

Open up the game center device. Click the "Me" tab. Click on "Account:username". Select "Sign Out". Then log in as yourself and you should be good to go!
08-09-2012, 07:42 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2012 07:45 AM by Necrocat219.)
Ok, thanks for the replies everybody, I`ve tested the first option of Mr.Banger and it works, thanks very much =) means I won`t be forced to Surrender my remaining games.

The other replies for question 2 make sense too, so thanks for enlightening me! ^_^

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?