Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
"Heavy" isn't worth the costs
12-22-2012, 01:55 PM
RE: "Heavy" isn't worth the costs
(12-22-2012 01:31 PM)game_taker Wrote:  Snipers > heavies

Cost one less wit
They attack at cost of 1 a lot of times, this is a huge advantage especially with the +1 on kill, meaning if you kill something you did not lose any wits.
Although they move slower their range is farther.
Even though u have to defend snipers, in large attacks you won't be sending a unit on its own so in these situations those "defenders" should have already been there.

I'm sure some other people can think of more reasons why snipers > heavies.

This being said I would only rather have a predeployed sniper over a predeployed heavy if I'm adorables.

You're right. Usually I spawn more snipers than heavies, but that doesn't mean heavies are useless right? Sometimes if I have many wits left but few unit to defend I may spawn heavy instead of sniper to deal with 3-HP soldier because it can usually survive longer while sniper may end up killed in the next turn
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Since the +wit/kill change Heavies are definitely useful! Only vs. Feedback I find them more of a liability than an asset.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
12-23-2012, 02:47 AM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2012 02:52 AM by game_taker.)
(12-22-2012 07:52 PM)Eijolend Wrote:  Since the +wit/kill change Heavies are definitely useful! Only vs. Feedback I find them more of a liability than an asset.

Vs feedback?? Aren't you scared they would become scrambled? They are the only unit that cannot charge the scramble if he has vision on them.

Edit: my bad, i confused the word liability for a second...
12-23-2012, 02:50 AM
Yeah, Heavy defences are definitely problematic against Feedback.

12-23-2012, 04:29 AM
I still have yet to see a situation where a heavy is more useful than another unit or combination of units that you could afford had you not spawned the heavy. I guess this is because I have been playing mostly feedback though since the update so I love it when my opponents spawn heavies.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
12-23-2012, 04:44 AM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2012 04:48 AM by Necrocat219.)
I would say I spawn a Heavy every 1/3 games now as feedback, for me it's given another tool in addition to the scrambler and sniper for close-combat encounters. Those situations that your opponent has decided it's a little bit too expensive to spawn 4hp soldiers is the main use. I think while before 4 wits was just too much in comparison to how many you get a turn (6-7) now that that number gets 'extended' thanks to wit-for-kill, and not just the Heavy wit for kills but all of them, and this makes this meat shield much more viable. Granted it's still hard to maneuverer but thats it's weakness in return for being hard to 2-shot and threatening KO's. Another thing to note it it is a 4-6 wit investment for one unit, and that grants your opponent only one wit for taking it out, whilst, for example, that would be three wits for your opponent if they were spent on unboosted runners. Thats assuming that your unit will get taken out though.
Oh yeah and by the way thank you BadHerrDay for constantly using Heavies against me in the beta, thats what inspired me to test them out Smile
Oh yeah also it doesn't stop snipers being my favorite unit. Snipers are definitely easier to use than heavies.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
12-23-2012, 04:50 AM
The heavy for me is DEADLY when it gets close enough to the enemy's base and you can't stop it. Otherwise I use it as a deterrent unit.

Masters again finally Master League

Member of the Wolfpack clan.
12-23-2012, 04:53 AM
i think its worth it but its situational. i usually spawn heavies when i kill the opponents medic early on.
its also great for 1 way paths like in the middle of SP and glitch. i also spawn heavies often when i use adorables cause the only bad thing about the heavy is its movement so i use the mobi to position them where it would normally take many turns and wits to get to.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-23-2012, 06:58 AM
Since the introduction of the wit for kill rule i find myself spawning heavies much more frequently than before. Still i usually spawn much les of them than of any other unit except for the specials. As TheQuertiest says it is situational. Against feedback i avoid spawning heavies also under the new ruleset. But since they can do 3 damage they are more likely than most other units to achieve a kill and if boosted at the same time are less likely to be killed they have a value.... Even if only to act as a "unit magnet" so that other units can sneak past opponents defenses in the fog of war or as a deterrent shying fast but weak units away from its position.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
12-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Before, I never spawned heavies. After the wit change I have spawned a heavy once in around 30-40 games.