Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
moving up on leagues
08-02-2012, 01:17 AM
moving up on leagues
can someone please confirm if moving up leagues is determined by number of wins or number of consecutive wins in a row?

either way, is there a fixed number needed before every level up or its random?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2012, 01:35 AM
RE: moving up on leagues
Since I'm not an official but just a beta tester I can of course neither confirm or deny anything, but I'll try to satiate your curiosity to the best of my knowledge.
(08-02-2012 01:17 AM)qkid21 Wrote:  can someone please confirm if moving up leagues is determined by number of wins [...]
No.

(08-02-2012 01:17 AM)qkid21 Wrote:  [...] or number of consecutive wins in a row?
No.

(08-02-2012 01:17 AM)qkid21 Wrote:  [...] either way, is there a fixed number needed before every level up or its random?
It's neither.

League placement as well as promotions and demotions are based on your hidden matchmaking rating and the systems confidence in this rating. There are no fix conditions to fulfill to be promoted or demoted, it is intentionally kept 'fuzzy'.
If you win more than half of your games, you will eventually start to face opponents from a higher league - if you continue to win consistently against these opponents you will eventually be promoted to said league. The system strifes to give everyone a good matchup - which means 50% win chance.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2012, 01:55 AM
RE: moving up on leagues
For reference, I started out in Clever and was winning maybe 8 or 9 of every 10 matches I played until I got into Super Titan. I think I got promoted to Gifted somewhere around 30 wins, promoted to Master around 70 wins, and promoted to Super-Titan around 130 wins.
Find all posts by this user