Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 3.84 Average
2v2 Replays
08-11-2012, 06:42 AM
RE: 2v2 Replays
(08-11-2012 02:50 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  Here's a couple replays to keep the thread moving. Here's one and here's another. You'll also find the 2 replays of our first round of the community 2v2 tourney in the 2v2 tourney thread.
(08-11-2012 01:00 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  
(08-10-2012 04:21 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(08-10-2012 05:22 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  We just finished a 2v2 at Machination against the rank 14 masters. The game was over in 17 moves so it's a short one, enjoy.Power of Mobi

Wow! That had to be incredibly frustrating for your opponents. They had a whole army out there, only to get wiped out in 1 turn.
(08-10-2012 05:22 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  We just finished a 2v2 at Machination against the rank 14 masters. The game was over in 17 moves so it's a short one, enjoy.Power of Mobi
That was a perfect example of why we play aggressive. By my count you had 12 wits stored going in to that last turn, with plenty of defense out to fend off an attack. In 2v2 it's pretty important to disrupt your opponents plan ASAP. If they forced your hand a little earlier they might have had a chance. Beautifully played by you guys.
Blush
Ya when we watched the replay, we were like dang, they had so much and might've even started attacking in a turn or two, yes we had somewhere around 12 and if they planned on attacking us, I was going to do the fending and let Mr. Banger keep with his plan. Yes, we've got some interesting games going on, 6-8 against morril and mwmorisson haha. We've finished one so far on CCM if you want me to post I can!
Please do!

And here it is
It's really short, they resigned, we have more coming soon, scary games, some I feel we will lose, would you like to see the ones we've lost if we lose?

iPro Clan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2012, 06:59 AM
(08-11-2012 02:50 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  Here's a couple replays to keep the thread moving. Here's one and here's another. You'll also find the 2 replays of our first round of the community 2v2 tourney in the 2v2 tourney thread.

Wow! That had to be incredibly frustrating for your opponents. They had a whole army out there, only to get wiped out in 1 turn.
That was a perfect example of why we play aggressive. By my count you had 12 wits stored going in to that last turn, with plenty of defense out to fend off an attack. In 2v2 it's pretty important to disrupt your opponents plan ASAP. If they forced your hand a little earlier they might have had a chance. Beautifully played by you guys.
Blush
Ya when we watched the replay, we were like dang, they had so much and might've even started attacking in a turn or two, yes we had somewhere around 12 and if they planned on attacking us, I was going to do the fending and let Mr. Banger keep with his plan. Yes, we've got some interesting games going on, 6-8 against morril and mwmorisson haha. We've finished one so far on CCM if you want me to post I can!
Please do!

Good games! The first one they didn't put up much of a fight and y'all just obliterated them. The second one I think they had an ill advised charge and y'all planned your defense well.
08-12-2012, 01:59 AM
Just finished against the 12 masters, around 30 moves:
Soldier Storm

iPro Clan
08-12-2012, 04:35 AM
(08-11-2012 06:42 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  

Blush
Please do!

And here it is
It's really short, they resigned, we have more coming soon, scary games, some I feel we will lose, would you like to see the ones we've lost if we lose?

Seemed a little early to resign but things definitely weren't looking good. Here's a frustrating loss. I get anxious when there's too much turtling, so I went in for a suicide run around turn 14 to break up the monotony. Of course it went right back to a turtling session. I'd love an opinion on turn 48 (it ends shortly after that). We were very vulnerable on the left, so I suggested to my partner that he move his soldier that was in front of his sniper, behind his other soldier. Then move sniper up and snipe red soldier and finish by moving remaining soldier up to finish the shark. Of course he totally ignored that advice and we lost 5 turns later. Don't know what he was thinking, building up the right side like that. He probably just had too many games in his head and didn't check the chat. What do you think?
08-12-2012, 07:17 AM
(08-12-2012 04:35 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(08-11-2012 06:42 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  
(08-10-2012 04:21 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  Wow! That had to be incredibly frustrating for your opponents. They had a whole army out there, only to get wiped out in 1 turn.
Blush
Please do!

And here it is

Seemed a little early to resign but things definitely weren't looking good. Here's a frustrating loss. I get anxious when there's too much turtling, so I went in for a suicide run around turn 14 to break up the monotony. Of course it went right back to a turtling session. I'd love an opinion on turn 48 (it ends shortly after that). We were very vulnerable on the left, so I suggested to my partner that he move his soldier that was in front of his sniper, behind his other soldier. Then move sniper up and snipe red soldier and finish by moving remaining soldier up to finish the shark. Of course he totally ignored that advice and we lost 5 turns later. Don't know what he was thinking, building up the right side like that. He probably just had too many games in his head and didn't check the chat. What do you think?

Ya. Ur suggestion seems about right becuz the green side wasn't in any immediate danger. What could hav factored into ur loss was your partner, on turn 44 I think it was, wasted a wit when he killed that soldier near the blue base by doing that soldier maneuvering whereas he could have just sent a newly created soldier there. The rush though in the beginning was way too ill-advised, maybe just sit a turn instead of rushing and create a mobi next or rush him then, that way u r a little more flexible.

iPro Clan
08-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Regarding my early rush, I agree 100%. If I recall correctly, I had something resembling a strategy going in, made the first move, and then went "uh oh, oh well it's gamble time.". Luckily they weren't deterred from further turtle construction, and we were able to adequately recover.
08-12-2012, 10:52 AM
(08-12-2012 09:25 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  Regarding my early rush, I agree 100%. If I recall correctly, I had something resembling a strategy going in, made the first move, and then went "uh oh, oh well it's gamble time.". Luckily they weren't deterred from further turtle construction, and we were able to adequately recover.

Ya haha. But there troop buildup turned out to be much larger and more powerful than yalls which factored into y'all losing. Also, the fact that the opponent was most likely brothers and had better communication could be another possibility. In 2v2, it's not about who's super Titan in 1v1 pairing with another super Titan to form a team for 2v2 but rather communication, 2 armies is greater than 1. 80% teamwork, 20% individual skill, (we are playing masters in 2v2 that are fluffy and gifted in 1v1).

iPro Clan
08-12-2012, 11:19 AM
And everyone reading, please do share your replays. We would love to see them
08-12-2012, 05:08 PM
(08-12-2012 10:52 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  
(08-12-2012 09:25 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  Regarding my early rush, I agree 100%. If I recall correctly, I had something resembling a strategy going in, made the first move, and then went "uh oh, oh well it's gamble time.". Luckily they weren't deterred from further turtle construction, and we were able to adequately recover.

Ya haha. But there troop buildup turned out to be much larger and more powerful than yalls which factored into y'all losing. Also, the fact that the opponent was most likely brothers and had better communication could be another possibility. In 2v2, it's not about who's super Titan in 1v1 pairing with another super Titan to form a team for 2v2 but rather communication, 2 armies is greater than 1. 80% teamwork, 20% individual skill, (we are playing masters in 2v2 that are fluffy and gifted in 1v1).
Yeah, that's us. I'm gifted he's clever in 1v1. I was actually super Titan in the beginning and when my friend got the game we started playing 2v2 only. A month later I played a 1v1, won the game, and got demoted to gifted. We use the chat quite a bit. When we lose, its almost always because one of us forgot to check the chat and lost track of the other's strategy. Anyway, here's our most recent match. This is a fun one to watch. I felt it was the right time to mess around with Scrambler and the gamble paid off. Not sure why they matched us against a gifted team. Seems to happen once in a while. I guess they have to match you against higher level opponents eventually.
08-13-2012, 12:58 AM
(08-12-2012 05:08 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(08-12-2012 10:52 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  

Yeah, that's us. I'm gifted he's clever in 1v1. I was actually super Titan in the beginning and when my friend got the game we started playing 2v2 only. A month later I played a 1v1, won the game, and got demoted to gifted. We use the chat quite a bit. When we lose, its almost always because one of us forgot to check the chat and lost track of the other's strategy. Anyway, here's our most recent match. This is a fun one to watch. I felt it was the right time to mess around with Scrambler and the gamble paid off. Not sure why they matched us against a gifted team. Seems to happen once in a while. I guess they have to match you against higher level opponents eventually.

Ya you always have to know each others plans, that is key.interesting game , you caused a nice diversion with ur heavy and blue was to focused on thAt side allowing an advantage of armies against green. Ur partner I believe in his first turn shouldn't of sent a healed runner to kill the enemies runner as that runner could've just been destroyed in one hit by a soldier (I dont know the FoW situation). But ya here's out latest game against the once number 10 (now 12) masters. Game

iPro Clan